Teacher in Training leading to Course Leader in Health and Social Care and Childcare
Westminster Adult Education Service is working in partnership with the Education and Training Foundation to deliver Taking Teaching Further
Teacher in Training leading to Course Leader in Health & Social Care and Childcare (Fixed Term for 2 years pending completion of teaching qualification) – £25,389 – £35,358 per annum
The Taking Teaching Further (TTF) scheme will allow you as an industry professional to enter the profession of teaching.
This scheme will support you to:
- Share Industry knowledge and experience with learners
- Gain teaching skills and real experience with support and mentoring
- Gain a Level 5 Diploma in Education & Training (DET). This will be funded up to the value of £4000
As part of the scheme you will be provided with 2 mentors, 1 from the Quality Team at WAES and 1 from your subject area. They will provide you with 144 hours of intensive support whilst you train to teach. This support will include:
- Peer Observations of other tutors delivering lessons for you to reflect on as you develop your own professional practice
- Support with writing schemes of work and lesson plans for delivery
- Some team teaching where you will assist with the delivery of classes led by qualified/experienced tutors
- Support with implementing and reflecting on the teaching theories that you will be learning as part of the Level 5 DET course
- Support with on-line learning platforms and resources to enable you to deliver remote lessons
You will also be given a reduced timetable to allow you to obtain your teaching qualification and develop professional practice.
To qualify you must currently hold:
- Minimum of 3 years Industry knowledge and experience in Health and Social Care and Childcare
- Maths and English qualifications equivalent to a functional skills level 2 or GCSE C / 4
- At least a level three qualification (for example NVQ/vocational level 3 in the subject you want to teach.
What we offer:
We offer excellent employment benefits including a public sector pension scheme and opportunities for Continuous Professional Development.
Please quote reference number ED/WAES/994
The closing date is 9am Monday 5 July 2021. Interviews for this post will take place on Friday 16 July 2021 (candidates must be available to attend on this date).
To apply for this post, please download the Job Description below. Then please complete the Application Form and EO Monitoring Form below. When you have completed your application, please email the forms back to firstname.lastname@example.org
An Enhanced DBS is required for this post.
CV’s will not be accepted for this post.