Salary: £68,356 – £84,364 ( TSAT L20 -L29)
Contract: Full-time, Permanent
Location: Strood, Kent
Start Date: September 2021
Closing Date of Position: Sunday 28th February 2021
Interview Date: Wednesday 10th March and Thursday 11th March 2021
We are recruiting for an inspirational Executive Headteacher who will be Executive Headteacher of two of our schools located in Strood. You will be Headteacher at Gordon Children’s Academy and oversee a Head of School at All Faiths Children’s Academy.
Our new Executive Headteacher will be able to continue our schools impressive journey of school improvement with the support of the Director of Education for our Strood hub Jody Murphy. You will oversee a dedicated workforce of teachers and support staff at various stages of their career and support their CPD to help them develop and grow as part of our Trust.
For further information on the role and to hear from our Director of Education please view our online microsite – https://www.tsatrust.org.uk/about/introducing-the-executive-headteacher-position/
The Gordon Children’s Academy
The Gordon’s Children’s Academy is ay federated academy based in the Strood area. Our Junior and Infant school work in tandem to ensure that all staff and children work together as one. We are dedicated to school improvement and we all aim to provide a happy, safe and fun school environment for the children, and our staff too. We have high expectations of behaviour and we recognise that it is our responsibility to listen to the children verbally or by interpreting their behaviour.
All Faiths Children’s Academy
All Faiths Children’s Academy is a one form entry primary academy based in the Strood area. We are lucky enough have a passionate workforce who all care for and respect the fantastic children at our school. We are a highly inclusive schools with a nurture provision which serves the local area as well as our Treetops provision for children who are deaf. We are dedicated to school improvement and we all aim to provide a happy, safe and fun school environment for the children, and our staff too
The Thinking Schools Academy Trust is a successful, diverse and growing Multi-Academy Trust, we are a family of schools who are stronger together.
This excellent opportunity will allow an inspirational, consultative and strategic leader to grasp the role with a ‘hands on’ approach and lead the continuing developments of the school and improve the life chances of children across the school.
If you are interested in working in our school, benefitting from a supportive network of senior leaders across our large academy and our Trust we would encourage you to apply.
Our mission is to “transform life chances”; at The Thinking Schools Academy Trust we believe education has the power to change lives; children only have one chance to get this right. To ensure all our academies focus on our mission, school leaders translated our mission to core values that are demonstrated and evident in all our Academies:
Child First, Aspire, Challenge, Achieve
What you will need to succeed:
- A strong track record of transformational leadership OR leading significant school improvement
- Understand how to create a culture of aspiration and a supportive learning environment for students that allows them to achieve their academic potential
- Hold high expectations for academic achievement by all students regardless of their prior attainment and socio – economic backgrounds
- Be a champion/ passionate and visible advocate for TSAT within the wider community
- Have high levels of emotional intelligence
- Have highly developed people skills and previous experience in leading teams effectively
- Have excellent public speaking skills and the ability to communicate effectively with a range of stakeholders
- Fully acquainted with the demands and requirements of the KS1 and KS2 curriculum
- Ability to manage school staff and help with the CPD to develop staff at all levels
- Qualified Teacher Status and degree qualification
What you will get in return
- The opportunity to lead schools during an exciting team for our Strood Hub, with the building of a new school ‘The Maritime Academy’ commencing shortly.
- To work within a supportive family of schools across the Trust and at a local Hub level
- Strong links with the local community
- With an outstanding Leadership and Management team within the trust, we are focused on providing our staff with bespoke CPD
- Vast support network including the CEO, Executive Team and Directors of Education
- A 24/7 employee assistance programme which provides counselling and support / advice on a wide array of areas.
We strongly encourage any applicants who may be interested in working at our school to contact Kerry Masters you can contact Kerry via email email@example.com or call 03333 602 110 to arrange a informal conversation with the Director of Education for our Strood Hub – Jody Murphy.
Interviews will be held on Wednesday 10th March and Thursday 11th March 2021.
Start date: September 2021
We are committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expect all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. This post is subject to an enhanced DBS check.