Functional Skills Coordinator & Lecturer in English
Newcastle and Stafford Colleges Group
Salary: £34,414 – £44,000
Benefits: Up to £10,560 Employer Pension contributions
52 Days Annual Leave (incl. Bank Holidays & Christmas)
Location: Newcastle & Stafford sites
Hours: full-time (37 per week)
Newcastle & Stafford Colleges Group is financially one of the strongest of its kind in the country with very high success rates, amongst the top 10% nationally.
The group is currently home to a population of over 5,000 full-time students and around 620 students on higher education programmes. We have over 2,000 part-time or adult learners and 2,000 apprentices where we work with over 800 individual employers.
We are looking for a Functional Skills Co-ordinator within our Work Based Learning department to manage all functional skills provision across both College sites.
The successful candidate will be an inspiring teacher with an appropriate subject qualification and experience of teaching functional skills. You will have an innovative and dynamic approach to delivering the subject, as well as a good understanding of what is required to achieve the highest quality. You will not only be an outstanding teacher but you will have the ability to lead and co-ordinate others.
You will have a proven track record of supporting students who find the subject difficult. Demonstrate an understanding and sensitivity towards a variety of learner needs and support the delivery team with a range of innovative teaching approaches to enable learners to reach their full potential within English & Maths.
Main Duties and Responsibilities:
- Deliver a flexible and innovative curriculum that is responsive to feedback from current learners/employers and anticipates likely changes in demand from future learners/employers.
- Deliver excellent standards of teaching and learning across all areas within the curriculum area.
- Undertake the day-to-day co-ordination of staff within the course team so that the College can achieve its overall objective of being excellent in all areas.
- Fully support all assessors within the faculty that deliver functional skills in the workplace with innovative and creative approaches and resources.
Required Skills and Experience:
- Teaching qualification (PGCE or DTTLS).
- Experience of delivering Functional Skills.
- A proven record of delivering teaching and learning to a consistently high standard.
- Able to communicate effectively with students and peers.
- Detailed knowledge and understanding of current teaching practice within the curriculum area.
What’s in it for you?
The college offers and excellent benefits package which includes:
- Teachers’ Pension Scheme
- Excellent Training and Development Opportunities
- 37 Days annual Leave (plus bank holidays and a 2 week Christmas closure period)
How to apply
To apply for the role of Functional Skills Co-ordinator, please click ‘Apply Now’ to complete an online application form.
(If you are applying via a jobs board, you will receive an e-mail and link that will take you directly to our application form on the Newcastle & Stafford Colleges Group website).
The closing date for completed applications is 3rd March 2024.
Interviews to be held on 18th March 2024.
This college is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of young people and vulnerable adults and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. All college based positions are subject to enhanced DBS check and are exempt from the Rehabilitation of Offenders Act.
As an equal opportunities employer, we welcome applications from all sectors of the community.