Curriculum Leader for Construction & Build Environment
Newcastle and Stafford Colleges Group
Salary: £34,414 – £44,000 per annum
Benefits: Up to £10,560 Employer Pension contributions
52 Days Annual Leave (incl. Bank Holidays & Christmas Closure)
Location: Newcastle and Stafford College sites
Hours: Full-time 37 Hours per week
In November 2019 Newcastle and Stafford Colleges Group (NSCG) became the first further education provider in England to achieve outstanding grades in every area of Ofsted’s recently reformed Education Inspection Framework (EIF).
The inspection report praised all areas of the College’s provision and acknowledged NSCG’s ‘positive, stimulating and safe learning environment’, ‘highly motivated staff’, and ‘learners’ exemplary behaviour and attitudes to learning’. It also highlighted the fantastic partnerships the College has with industry.
The group is currently home to a population of over 6,000 full-time students and around 500 students on higher education programmes. We have over 4,000 part-time or adult learners and 2,000 apprentices where we work with over 800 individual employers.
Would you like to be part of a determined, progressive and ambitious college which strives to deliver an outstanding experience for its learners? Then come and join the Construction Team at Newcastle & Stafford Colleges Group.
We are looking for an enthusiastic, suitably qualified individual who will play a crucial role in realising the department’s strategic objectives. You will be an inspiring lecturer with a background in Construction and the Built Environment and/or Design, Surveying specialisms. You will also have the ability to deliver varied, high quality and imaginative sessions and have a record of good achievement rates.
You will need to demonstrate an understanding and sensitivity towards a variety of learner needs and support the delivery team with a range of innovative teaching approaches to enable learners to reach their full potential.
Main Duties and Responsibilities:
- To support the design and development of programmes at both the Stafford and NuL campuses, in Construction and the Built Environment, which includes the new Technical qualifications (T Levels), and lead a highly effective teaching team in this area of provision.
- To teach on a range of full-time, part-time and apprenticeship programmes at Level 3 in Construction and the Built Environment including the T Level in Design, Surveying and Planning for Construction.
- Engage in core duties including leading course team meetings, supporting the CAM with timetabling of this provision to meet employer expectations and ensuring CBE courses meet college KPI targets.
- Lead the CBE team in preparation, marking, monitoring of student progress, preparing reports, setting and marking of internal and external exams, and developing and preparing a range flexible learning materials.
Required Skills and Experience:
- Has relevant qualifications to degree level in Construction and the Built Environment and/or Design, Surveying qualification specialisms.
- Has a relevant teaching qualification (DTLLS or equivalent)
- Has relevant qualifications for Assessment and verification of vocational qualifications
- Has relevant teaching/training experience within industry or FE sector.
What’s in it for you?
The college offers and excellent benefits package which includes:
- Employer Pension contributions – up to £10,560 (TP Scheme).
- 52 Days Annual Leave (including Bank Holidays & Christmas Closure).
- Electric Vehicle Scheme (Salary Sacrifice).
- Cycle to Work Scheme (Salary sacrifice).
- Subsidised Gym Membership.
- Health-related benefits including a subsidised Health Scheme.
- Excellent Training and Development Opportunities (supported with a dedicated budget).
- Dedicated Teaching & Learning Coaches for New Staff.
- Remission provided for your first year in post.
- Free Parking
- On-site restaurant and FREE early morning tea/coffee and toast.
How to apply
To apply for the role of Curriculum Leader in Construction & Build Environment, please click ‘Apply Now’ to complete an online application form.
(If you are applying via a jobs board, you will receive an e-mail and link that will take you directly to our application form on the Newcastle & Stafford Colleges Group website).
The closing date for completed applications is 25th February 2024.
This college is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of young people and vulnerable adults and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. All college based positions are subject to enhanced DBS check and are exempt from the Rehabilitation of Offenders Act.
As an equal opportunities employer, we welcome applications from all sectors of the community.