Lecturer – Physics
We have a fantastic opportunity for a Physics Lecturer to join our Health Sciences, Meditech and Technology department.
You will lead, teach and assist in the development of courses which fall within the programme area and the ideal candidate will be prepared to share best practice and collaborate with colleagues.
· To teach on courses specified by the Head of Department/Head of School.
· To motivate and build self-esteem and self-worth/self-belief, developing a ‘can do ‘attitude with students.
· To communicate effectively with students and colleagues.
· To communicate effectively with parents and carers at appropriate times, conveying relevant information about attainment, objectives and progress.
· To participate in open events and parents/student consultation evenings as appropriate.
· To participate actively in the development of curriculum; and where appropriate in cross College curriculum development.
· To participate actively in the enrolment, induction, monitoring, profiling and initial assessment of students or trainees.
· To devise individual learning plans and provide support for learners in line with the requirements of the course.
· To devise Plans of Learning for the taught curriculum.
· To be responsible for the supervision and management of students on placements and offsite visits and activities where appropriate.
· To act as academic and pastoral tutor to assigned students.
· To implement and promote College regulations, policies and procedures.
· To participate in relevant Course Committee activities.
· To participate actively in the maintenance and promotion of close links with employers and training agencies.
· To participate in College Open Days; career events and promotional events both on and off College premises.
· To provide appropriate information to parents/employers through college reporting systems and open evenings.
· To assist the Head of Department/Head of School with costings and control of materials and equipment when specified.
· To participate in the development of workshops, laboratories and facilities, where appropriate.
· To undertake additional duties that may be required commensurate with the level of responsibility of the post.
· To undertake research and/or scholarly activity.
For the full job description and person specification, please click here
The Ideal Candidate
The ideal candidate will be learner and quality focused with a commitment to our vision of working together to transform lives. They should be able to contribute to our journey to Outstanding, creating a positive working and study environment, and, Equity, Diversity & Inclusion should be embedded within their core values.
Education & Training
· Educated to Degree (or equivalent) standard in Science.
· A recognised teaching qualification or working towards one.
· Evidence of continuous professional development and the ability to reflect on teaching practice and personal performance
· GCSE A*- C or nationally recognised level 2 qualification in Maths or equivalent. (e.g. CSE 1, O Level A – C) or prepared to pass a test prior to interview to demonstrate level 2 ability and then if appointed achieve within an agreed timescale.
· GCSE A*- C or nationally recognised level 2 qualification in English or equivalent. (e.g. CSE 1, O Level A – C) or prepared to pass a test prior to interview to demonstrate level 2 ability and then if appointed achieve within an agreed timescale
· Specialist knowledge of subject(s)
· Proven experience and evidence of successful teaching.
· Experience of being a pastoral/form tutor (16-19)
· Academic or industrial or commercial experience in an area relevant to the programmes.
· Experience of using Microsoft Teams, interactive whiteboards, Moodle and using digital resources to enhance learning and teaching.
· Experience of delivering FE including assessment with awarding organisations
· Ability to utilise Information Technology and Information, Learning and Technology both within learning and for administrative purposes.
For an informal discussion about the role, please email firstname.lastname@example.org
We reserve the right to close this vacancy early depending on the level of interest and number of applications so early application is advised.
At Bradford College our ambition is to transform the lives of our learners, help them to aim higher and support them to achieve their goals.
Located in the heart of Bradford, we offer a wide range of courses at varying levels, with something to suit everyone. Undergraduate to postgraduate and professional qualifications to distance learning and short community courses.
Our aim is to attract and retain knowledgeable, passionate and focused individuals who can inspire, motivate and support both learners and colleagues. With a can-do attitude and desire for continuous self-improvement, you could make a difference to the lives of everyone at Bradford College.
Benefits of working at Bradford College:
Generous annual leave entitlement – equivalent to 44 days holidays, plus bank holidays
Additional college closure days, including 2-week Christmas closure
Teachers’ Pension scheme, with a generous 23% employer contribution
Annual salary reviews
Career progression opportunities – 54% of all vacancies are filled internally
Free sports and gym facilities
Free wellbeing initiatives and access to our exclusive staff indoor and outdoor wellbeing space
Confidential employee assistance service and on-site mental health first aiders
Access to Bradford College benefits hub, offering retail, travel, leisure and dining discounts and cashback
Discounts on greener travel – cycle to work scheme & local MetroCard and Northern Rail discounts
Access to hair and beauty treatments in our student-led Signature Spa
On-site dining facilities, including our award-winning Grove restaurant
A host of training development opportunities
Fantastic campus facilities, a short walk to public transport links in the heart of the City of Culture 2025
The opportunity to work for an organisation that is truly committed creating a better future for all through education and training.
For full details please click here
*If you have the drive to further develop your skills and abilities, you will be given the support and opportunities you need to enhance your career. This includes access to in-house training and CPD, professional and academic qualifications and mentoring.
Bradford College is committed to supporting and promoting diversity and inclusion amongst our staff and student body. We promote applications across all sections of the community, recognising the benefits a diverse workforce can bring and therefore particularly encourage applications from groups which are underrepresented in our workforce.
We are committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of young people and vulnerable adults and expect staff and volunteers to share this commitment. Pre-employment checks will be undertaken for this post including a check with the Disclosure and Barring Service. Please note that social media checks will also be undertaken during the recruitment process.
Please be aware it is a criminal offence to apply for this post if you are barred from engaging in regulated activity in connection to children and vulnerable adults.