Lecturer – HNC/Construction
East Sussex College
Part time, 14 hours per week actual teaching.
Up to £39,808 per annum pro rata. Start date asap.
We are currently recruiting for a Course Leader to grow our Higher Education Construction HNC/D Level 4/5 course. The ideal candidates will ideally need to have experience of a teaching / training environment within the Construction industry or at Higher or Further Education level. The department specialises in delivering curriculum across Pearson frameworks and works directly with students progressing from level 3 Construction and students on day release from local and regional Construction firms, who are looking to train staff to management level.
Areas of expertise will ideally include some or all of the following:
Construction Information (BIM,Autocad2 ,3-D building and design processes, tendering and construction processes)
Legal and Statutory responsibilities in Construction,
Environmental assessment and monitoring
Management for complex buildings
Some of our adult students have not been in education for some time, so the ideal candidate will be student focussed and will have a passion for encourage our students to achieve their best.
We can offer you:
· A competitive salary, a wide range of generous benefits, as well as flexible working opportunities.
· Rewarding employment in a high performing, professional environment, working with over 1,200 like-minded and friendly colleagues.
· Continuing Professional Development, with access to funded teaching qualifications, apprenticeships and a range of other training courses to support career development.
· The opportunity to make a difference to the lives of students of all ages within the largest Further Education (FE) College in East Sussex (judged GOOD by Ofsted in 2021).
This post is subject to a DBS check.
To apply, please register or log in and complete the online form via the ‘Apply’ link below. Alternatively, you can request an application form, send your CV and covering letter, or arrange an appointment to chat informally about the role by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org
Please note that as we are an educational organisation:
· Prior to interview all shortlisted candidates will be expected to complete an Application Form (including explanation of any gaps in employment), a Self-declaration and Disclosure form and we will carry out an online check.
· If offered a role with us, as part of our pre-employment checks an enhanced DBS, references and evidence of qualifications will also be required.
· Applicants should be eligible to work in the UK, work permits from other organisations are not acceptable as proof of right to work in the UK.
Our commitment to Safeguarding, EDI and Sustainability:
· East Sussex College (ESC) is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children.
· We are an inclusive employer and actively champion equity and diversity in every aspect of our culture and operations. These values are central to our culture and a key part of our success strategy for individuals and for our college.
· ESC particularly encourages applications from black and minority ethnic communities, people with disabilities and those who identify as LGBTQIA+.
· We are a Mindful Employer, Disability Confident and are committed to the Mental Health Charter.
· We are committed to obtaining Wellbeing, Menopause at Work and EDI accreditation.
· We have committed to being a carbon neutral employer by 2030.
We prefer to hire people directly, but we do have a preferred supplier list for when we require additional support. We will be in touch if we need you.