English Deputy Strategy Lead
The Kemnal Academies Trust
Are you a strong secondary English practitioner and experienced leader looking for a role where you can have wider impact?
The Kemnal Academies Trust is currently looking for a full-time Deputy Strategy Lead for secondary English to join part of our school development team across the Trust. This role will see you working with the Strategy Lead to set whole-trust secondary strategy, coordinate the work of English Lead Practitioners, and provide support in-school to develop English department provision.
Your key responsibilities will be:
- To work alongside the Strategy Lead and other colleagues with the English Team to develop a whole-trust strategy for improving outcomes in English
- To ensure that the quality of teaching in English is strong and results in improved student outcomes
- To work with the Strategy Lead and English Team to coordinate development meetings for English Heads of Faculty across the Trust
- To work with the Strategy Lead and English Team to further develop the TKAT Common English Curriculum to ensure it leads to strong outcomes across the Trust
- To work with the Strategy Lead and English Team to further develop the Trust’s assessments for KS3 & 4 English for all secondary schools and ensure assessments are carried out appropriately
- To analyse the data following KS3, 4 & 5 assessments, identifying gaps and reporting the findings to the Senior Director of Education and Directors of Education
- To organise, facilitate and quality assure the moderation of all standardised assessments within English for all secondary schools
- To support Heads of Department with assessment and grading issues as they arise
Experience of whole school leadership work, including a secure English subject knowledge, is essential for this role.
The Kemnal Academies Trust (TKAT) is one of the largest Multi-Academy Trusts in the South & East of England with 45 Primary and Secondary Academies in the TKAT Family. Our ultimate aim is to ensure we drive educational standards through the provision of outstanding teaching, leadership and learning for all. Within the #oneTKATfamily, the shared and common purpose is to work together as a community of schools to ensure that every child, whatever their background, receives a high quality education. We place a high value on collaboration; ‘achieving more together’, giving staff the opportunity to come together and learn, ensuring a shared sense of purpose across our network and by sharing expertise across the TKAT family.
We have a flexible approach to interviews and can offer a range of dates and times to suit your personal circumstances.
We reserve the right to close the vacancy early should we receive a significant number of applications.
TKAT is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. Offers of employment will be subject to the full safer recruitment process, including an enhanced disclosure and barring service check.
Our Commitment – Equal, Inclusive, Diverse
TKAT is committed to inclusion, diversity and equality of opportunity by encouraging and welcoming differences, listening to individual experiences, aspirations and accomplishments and learning how to grow better together. We welcome applications from all suitable candidates, regardless of any protected characteristic. We have a whole school approach to flexible working to promote a positive work life balance.
TKAT recognises the value of enabling our employees to develop their career and balance this with their commitments and interests outside of work. In TKAT we promote flexible working practices and opportunities to support and value wellbeing.
Access to interview
Should you be selected and invited to interview please let us know if you require us to adapt the interview environment. If we can accommodate practical workplace adjustments to assist, we will.