East Sheen, London, SW14 8RG
£27,357- £30,195(Actual salary) £10,942 to £12,078 (Pro rata salary) + AET Wellbeing Cash Plan + Car Scheme + Pension Scheme (LGPS) + Additional AET Benefits
2 days per week, 52.14 weeks per year
December 2023 Start date
The opportunity has arisen for a person with relevant skills and experience to join as our school caretaker (BOA). The key purpose of the role is to assist the both the school maintenance and health & safety across the premises.
As part of the role you will be required to:
- Open and close premises and grounds to meet the routine and non-routine requirements of the building occupants.
- Be a principal key holder for the academy and attend emergency call outs as necessary.
- Be responsible for your academy’s security, including the opening and closing of the academy on a daily basis, possibly including occasional evenings, weekends.
- Carry out in-house statutory testing as required and general maintenance tasks.
- Take pride in helping to maintain the highest standards of cleanliness, presentation and health and safety at all times.
- Share our whole school vision and make a difference to the children and community we serve
- Ensure all entry points, including gates, doors, windows and other security measures are working effectively
- Be flexible
Richmond Park Academy (RPA), is part of the Academies Enterprise Trust (AET) group and is situated in East Sheen, close to Richmond Park. Richmond, Kingston and the West End are all between 15 and 30 minutes journey from the school and our proximity to central London means that students can benefit enormously from the vast range of social, cultural, sporting and academic opportunities that we are able to access.
Our student body is diverse, exciting and talented – and the same is true of our staff. We put huge emphasis on professional development, most of it in-house, and are proud of the high number of good and outstanding teachers who work in our school. We are also noted for our ‘can do’ attitude. We are keen, always, to encourage new and/or young staff to make their mark as soon as they are ready.
The school completed a £10m rebuild and refurbishment programme, including the introduction of a 6th form in 2014. Our 2022 Ofsted reported that we were a ‘good’ school in all categories.
About Academies Enterprise Trust
AET was established in 2008 and is now a national network of 57 primary, secondary, and special schools. We are proud of our diverse and inclusive network which spans nearly every region in England. We want our people to be empowered to do their best work, supported by the best leadership they’ve ever had, so that we provide an excellent education to every child, in every classroom.
With excellent leadership and teaching in every school, we will help children go on to lead successful and happy lives. We acknowledge and appreciate the exceptional efforts of all our people.
AET Staff Benefits
Career development and training: AET offers a wide range of statutory and developmental training to help you succeed in your career.
- Great pension | Healthcare cashback and helpline | Employee assistance programme
- Free financial advice | Salary advances | Affordable loan scheme | Electric car and bike schemes
- Lifestyle savings | Discounted gym membership | Travel and leisure scheme
The role is due to commence December 2023
Closing date: Friday 8th December 2023
Interviews are scheduled to take place on as soon as possible after the closing date.
We reserve the right to close this vacancy early should we receive an overwhelming response. All candidates are advised to refer to the job description and person specification before making an application.
In line with our safeguarding practices we are unable to accept CV’s. Apply today.
Academies Enterprise Trust and all of our academies are committed to ensuring the highest levels of safeguarding and promoting the welfare of our pupils, and we expect all our staff and volunteers to share this commitment. We adopt a robust, fair and consistent recruitment process which is inline with Keeping Children Safe in Education guidance. This includes online checks for shortlisted candidates. All offers of employment are subject to an Enhanced DBS check, references, and where applicable, a prohibition from teaching check.
Academies Enterprise Trust embraces diversity and promotes equality of opportunity. Job share, part time and flexible working opportunities will be considered.
We are a Disability Confident Employer and there is a guaranteed interview scheme for candidates with disabilities who meet the minimum selection criteria.
AET is recruiting for Teacher Training placements. Please visit our website https://sites.google.com/aetschools.org/itt/ for further details.