Bournemouth and Poole College
We have an exciting opportunity for an enthusiastic and driven Assessor/Trainer – Health to join our team here at Bournemouth and Poole College on a part time, permanent basis. In return, you will receive a competitive salary of £24,104 – £26,512 per annum, pro rata.
At Bournemouth & Poole College our staff are passionate and committed to achieve the very best outcomes for our students – we transform lives. We recognise and value our people as our most important asset in achieving each of the strategic outcomes within our College’s Strategic Plan. We believe it is through our people that an excellent student experience will be delivered, and this will have a positive impact in our local community. We value inclusion and we are committed to the promotion of equality, diversity, and inclusion, ensuring we have a diverse, skilled, and motivated workforce who are empowered and engaged. This makes our College a unique, vibrant and rewarding place to work. You will be employed through Southern Educational Professional Services Ltd; a subsidiary of the College.
Organisation: Bournemouth & Poole College
Department: Construction & Care
Contract Type: Permanent
Employment Basis: Part time
Contracted working hours: 30
Location: Poole, North Road, BH14 0LS
Salary: £24,104 – £26,512 per annum, pro rata
Closing date: 08/03/2024
About the role:
As the Assessor/Trainer – Health you will be responsible for workplace assessing (observations) and, at times, teaching students undertaking the Level 3 Healthcare Support Worker apprenticeship as well as any other related NHS or Health based programmes.
Responsibilities as our Assessor/Trainer – Health will include:
- Observe and assess students/candidates in their workplace and/or in a classroom or workshop environment as relevant
- To ensure all agreed targets are met with regard to student success and timely success targets are achieved.
- To work flexibly in offering student academic support. This could will mean occasional evening and weekend working.
- To support students by offering advice on portfolio building, assessment matters and underpinning knowledge. Included in this are:
- Briefing the student on the assessment process
- Preparing assessment plans with students
- Using a range of assessment methods.
- Giving students feedback on their performance.
- Planning the next stage.
- Keeping accurate records of progress and any other relevant matters
What we are looking for in our Assessor/Trainer – Health:
- Level 3 Qualification in the relevant Health subject area (NVQ, Diploma etc)
- Level 3 Assessor Award relevant to the area (this could be worked towards)
- Level 2 English and Maths
- Hiring manager to specify qualifications required for post ie Degree in relevant subject
- Relevant industrial/subject experience in a Health based career
- Working knowledge of the relevant vocational area
- Microsoft Office applications, including Word, Excel and Powerpoint
- Understanding of virtual learning environments and on-line learning
- Attendance at college events ie open evenings including outside of normal working hours
You will receive excellent benefits and a competitive salary:
- 27.5 days annual leave plus bank holidays, increasing to 30.5 after 5 years’ service
- up to 4 days additional leave during the Christmas closure period
- Free parking at all of our college sites (where spaces are available)
- Access to Discount Schemes at multiple retailers
- Enrolment into the NEST Pension Scheme
If you feel you are the right candidate for this Assessor/Trainer – Health role, then please click ‘apply’ now! We’d love to hear from you!
Closing date: 08 March 2024
We reserve the right to close this vacancy early if we receive sufficient applications for the role. Therefore, if you are interested, please submit your application as early as possible.
The College is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children, young people and vulnerable adults, and expects all staff to share this commitment. The successful applicant will be required to undertake appropriate safeguarding checks which includes an enhanced DBS check as well as providing proof of right to work in the UK.