Director of Performance
Location: Acton, West London – a five-minute walk from Acton Town tube station
Salary: L1 (£56930)- L8 (£65966)
Working hours: Full-time
Start date: September 2024- But an earlier start date may be considered
Closing date: 30.11.2023- 10am
Opportunity for an exceptional candidate to join and help shape a new Ark secondary school in Ealing.
About the role:
The successful candidate will lead a very strong music department and will ensure that music takes centre-stage as the school grows.
The director of performance will embed the school vision and support the development of an outstanding school that empowers our students to take responsibility and drive their own destinies.
The successful candidate will have the opportunity to grow with the school. They will be supported in their development and preparation for future roles. We develop every staff member that joins our team, providing one-to-one support, coaching and mentoring and access to extensive network training.
Our ideal candidate will have:
- Have an unwavering determination to deliver excellence for students from all starting points
- Share the Ark Soane beliefs, vision and mission and be aligned with the Ark six pillars underpinning it
- Be committed to Ark’s ethos of high expectations for every student in both academic achievement and personal development
- Be committed to continually improving classroom practice and raising attainment
- Manage behaviour effectively to create a positive, calm and purposeful climate for learning
View the full job description and person specification here.
About our school:
Ark Soane Academy is a new secondary school in Acton which opened in 2021. We will have 720 students in Years 7- 10 from September 2024 and will be launching our GCSE programmes for the first time.
Ark Soane seeks to redefine what is possible in education. Our model is “simplicity delivered expertly”: by delivering an immaculately planned and highly academic curriculum exceptionally well; and by providing our students with a compelling aspiration-raising ethos we seek to transform the future of students in a highly deprived community.
Behaviour at Soane is exemplary enabling you to deliver exceptional lessons. Students are entirely bought-in to the values and ethos of the school and know that they are fortunate to attend a school where the quality of education is exceptional and where love, warmth, respect and the highest standards permeate every interaction. Students are a pleasure to teach and you can always expect a “thank you miss” when students leave your classroom.
Find out more by referring to the application button present at the bottom of this vacancy.
Benefits of working at Ark Soane:
- Leaders at Soane prevent unnecessary demands on teacher time – meetings, marking and administrative tasks are minimised to ensure teachers can be highly effective. The curriculum and resourcing ensure that teachers rarely plan alone: staff time is used where it is most valuable: working as a team to implement the curriculum for the stud ents in our classrooms.
- We have a truly open-door culture where frequent low-stakes feedback is the norm. We value the input of all of our staff and collaborate to ensure the academy continues to improve as it expands. We frequently host teams of domestic and international educators who come to learn from us and help us shape our provision.
- Twice as many training days as standard
- Weekly staff training designed to meet the needs of the school
- Coaching for every teacher
- Protected co-planning time
- Access to high-quality, regular professional development
Click here to find out more about the benefits we offer.
How to apply:
Please refer to the application button below and submit your application. Please note we will be reviewing applications on an on-going basis and this advert may close earlier than advertised depending on the level of response, early application is strongly advised.
To arrange for an informal chat or for any queries, please contact our HR Officer, Zahra Hamdaoui on firstname.lastname@example.org.
For any technical issues, please contact our system support team by clicking the chat function on the bottom right of the advert screen.
Ark is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people in its academies. In order to meet this responsibility, its academies follow a rigorous selection process to discourage and screen out unsuitable applicants.
Ark requires all employees to undertake an enhanced DBS check. You are required, before appointment, to disclose any unspent conviction, cautions, reprimands or warnings under the Rehabilitation of Offenders Act 1974 (Exceptions) Order 1975. Non-disclosure may lead to termination of employment. However, disclosure of a criminal background will not necessarily debar you from employment – this will depend upon the nature of the offence(s) and when they occurred. To read more about Ark’s safer recruitment process, please click this link.
We aim to build a diverse and inclusive organisation where everyone – staff and students – can do their best work and achieve their full potential. We want to reflect and represent diverse perspectives across our organisation because we know that doing so will make us stronger and more effective. To know more about Ark’s diversity and inclusion commitments, please click on this link.