Here at Bournemouth & Poole College, we are looking to recruit a new Student Engagement Coach on a full-time, term-time only basis. In return, you will receive a competitive salary of £17,785.02 (term time only) £20,705.00 per annum FTE.
At Bournemouth & Poole College our staff are passionate and committed to achieve the very best outcomes for our students – we transform lives. We recognise and value our people as our most important asset in achieving each of the strategic outcomes within our College’s Strategic Plan. We believe it is through our people that an excellent student experience will be delivered, and this will have a positive impact in our local community. We value inclusion and we are committed to the promotion of equality, diversity, and inclusion, ensuring we have a diverse, skilled, and motivated workforce who are empowered and engaged. This makes our college a unique, vibrant and rewarding place to work. You will be employed through Southern Educational Professional Services Ltd; a subsidiary of the College.
Organisation: Bournemouth & Poole College
Department: Student Inclusion & Support
Contract Type: Permanent
Employment Basis: Term time only, full time hours
Contracted working hours: 37
Location: Poole, North Road, BH14 0LS
Salary: £20,705 per annum pro-rata
Closing date: 01/12/2023
- JD and SP Student Engagement Coach HE.docx
The Student Engagement Coach Role:
As a Student Engagement Coach, you will provide excellent Engagement with our HE students and build a community and integrate all students within the college.
You will provide robust student voice systems, events and activities for HE students Providing ways for students to enrich their studies at the college.
Responsibilities as our Student Engagement Coach will include:
- Working closely with the Student Engagement Coordinator to ensure that there are robust Student Activities and strategies to engage all students at The College but with a focus on Higher Education students
- Being the link member of staff for the Student Exec Team (20 students), Influencers (40 students) teams and ensure that there is appropriate training, support and development of the role
- Ensuring that all students are able to participate in all activities organised by the student engagement team and effectively record attendance and impact of activities
- Running fair elections in line with the BPCSU Constitution. Assist with training and support Student Exec member’s development
- Being based within the social spaces of the Students’ Union, across all sites, and ensure that all aspects of Health and Safety and behaviour are maintained at all times.
- Working with all staff within the Student Support team and Student Experience Directorate to ensure that visibility and promotion of the Students’ Union and Student Engagement is clear and well embedded throughout The College
- Being the lead member of staff responsible for events undertaken by the strand and the associated administration, engagement and outcomes
- Being key member of staff for the promotion of TOTUM discount cards, to all students and staff
- Developing initiative ways to further develop Student Voice at The College particularly for Higher Education students
- Engaging students through the creation of podcasts, video content, and any other multimedia platform
*The above list of duties is not exhaustive and is subject to change. The post holder may be required to undertake other duties within the scope and grading of the post.
As our Student Engagement Coach, you’ll ideally have:
- Relevant qualification at level 3 or above
- Level 2 in English and Maths
- Experience of leading a project with staff and students
- Experience of working as an effective member of a team
- General administration experience to a high standard
- Ability to relate to and motivate young people from diverse
- Highly developed communication skills both on an individual basis and in group settings.
- Proficient IT user
- Effective team player
- Ability to develop creative
- Occasional evening and weekend work. (Open evenings, training activities, student trips etc.)
Benefits you will receive:
You will receive excellent benefits and a competitive salary:
- 27.5 days annual leave plus bank holidays, increasing to 30.5 after 5 years’ service
- up to 4 days additional leave during the Christmas closure period
- Free parking at all of our college sites (where spaces are available)
- Access to Discount Schemes at multiple retailers
- Enrolment into the NEST Pension Scheme
Closing Date: 01 December 2023
We reserve the right to close this post early if there is a high level of applicants
If you feel you are the right candidate for this Student Engagement Coach role, then please click ‘apply’ now!
The College is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children, young people, and vulnerable adults, and expects all staff to share this commitment. The successful applicant will be required to undertake appropriate safeguarding checks which includes an enhanced DBS check as well as providing proof of right to work in the UK.