Pastoral Support Officer
The Opportunity Centre, part of the aspire-igen group, is committed to helping individuals, organisations and communities succeed through learning and work. We have a strong track record of successfully delivering government funded initiatives and contracts including ESF contracts and Study Programmes. We are also a provider of advice and support services to young people and adults in the Yorkshire and Humber area.
Pastoral Support Officer
£24,603.60 per annum
37 hrs per week
Based in Wakefield – to work across Wakefield and Barkerend Opportunity Centres
An opportunity has arisen for a Pastoral Support Officer, within our Aspire2Work Team reporting to the Performance Manager for the Wakefield and Barkerend Opportunity Centres.
The main objectives of the role are:
- To support learners to be retained on their programme of study, by working with them and tutors throughout their time on their Study Programme
- To work with learners and tutors to provide interventions to improve learner engagement
- To support learners to overcome barriers to learning.
- To work with tutors and Performance Managers/Managers to monitor punctuality and attendance, liaising with tutors and assisting with interviewing persistent poor attenders and their parents/carers, to encourage co-operation and support.
- Providing effective care and guidance for learners, including those with SEND, Child Protection issues and Looked after Children.
- Developing and maintaining positive relations with parents/carers, fostering an open-door culture to encourage active involvement in their children’s education.
You must have:
- Experience of working with disadvantaged young people
- Experience of working within a Training environment
- Successful track record of working with hard-to-reach young people
- Maths and English qualifications at a grade C and above or equivalent
- You must have a willingness to undergo training as required
To apply, please complete the application form. Applications will only be considered from candidates who complete the required application, not through any other channels (e.g social media).
A full job description and a complete list of our current vacancies are available on our website https://theopportunitycentre.livevacancies.co.uk/#/
Closing date: 3rd December 2021
All positions are subject to the Rehabilitation of Offenders Act (Exemptions Order) 1975 and as such it will be necessary for a submission for an Enhanced Disclosure to be made to the Disclosure and Barring Service to check for any previous criminal convictions, cautions, warnings and reprimands
Our organisation is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children, young people and vulnerable adults and expects all staff and post holders to share this commitment.
The Opportunity Centre is an equal opportunities employer. We wish to encourage the recruitment of staff from under-represented groups to apply for the advertised positions. The Opportunity Centre will seek to recruit the best candidate for the job based on merit. The recruitment and selection process will ensure the identification of the person best suited to the job and The Opportunity Centre.
No Agencies Please