Vice Principal, Systems Operations Timetabling Curriculum Assessment & Compliance
The Head of School and Executive Principal are seeking a well-qualified, innovative and inspiring new Vice Principal to take a strategic role in promoting the school educational aims and ethos (‘Strive, Achieve and Believe!’). The role offers the right candidate an excellent opportunity to help shape the academic thinking and practice at The Chalk Hills Academy, which is part of a growing and dynamic Multi-Academy Trust – The Shared Learning Trust.
You will join the senior leadership team in this newly available position, created due to the successful promotion of senior leadership colleagues. Supporting the Head of School in driving the Academy forward, you will have the necessary ‘can-do’ attitude combined with a passion to ‘get the job done’. This is a very exciting time for the school and its journey towards becoming a ‘world class’ Academy. It is a fantastic opportunity for a suitably qualified Senior Leader who wants to make a real difference to the pupils at The Chalk Hills Academy. We are looking for a candidate with ambitions to be a future Head of School/Principal. The main purpose of this post is to provide strategic leadership and oversight of curriculum, time-tabling, data and assessment, options process, student outcomes for Key Stage 3 and 4. Also leading on and implement the academic duty rota and act as EVC.
We are a fully comprehensive school and the successful candidate will be able to engage, inspire and challenge pupils and staff. We are proud to serve our local community – we have high expectations for our students and are driven to remove barriers to their success. The candidate will be values driven and have a clear moral compass, integrity, and belief that pupils must receive an outstanding education, which is reflected in outstanding pupil outcomes. The successful candidate will gain a wealth of experience, including working alongside an experienced and successful Leadership Team, many of whom have had experience working in London schools and for large national academy chains.
What does The Chalk Hills Academy and The Shared Learning Trust offer?
- To be a major part of an experienced and determined Senior Leadership team who are focused on raising the attainment and aspirations of all the pupils across the school.
- An opportunity to shape, develop and embed a clear ethos across our Academy as part of a supportive MAT
- A commitment to excellent professional development and the successful candidate will have access to support from outstanding Senior Leaders, the option to apply for the NPQH and many national CPD opportunities
- A clear vision of ‘Strive, Achieve, Believe’ for our Academy community underpinned by a staff who work together as a strong and united team.
- A supportive staff and Trust network including access to a confidential staff counsellor, out of school offers and perks courtesy of ‘PerkBox’ and an employee of the month rewards scheme
- Our facilities include a brand-new gym with new equipment opened 2019 which staff are welcome to use after school hours and a brand new Sixth Form block opened in September 2019.
If you want to grow and develop in a fast paced, dynamic and successful Academy, come and join us at The Chalk Hills Academy!
- To work as a member of the strategic and operational leadership team
- To lead the senior team with a focus on data and assessment
- To lead the senior team with a focus on time-tabling and curriculum design (in conjunction with the Head of School)
- To ensure the academies time-table, curriculum structure and staffing is reviewed termly and annually, and is fit for purpose
- To line-manage the Cover Manager and Senior Data Manager
- Oversee strategic and operational leadership of the duty systems and rota to ensure the smooth functioning of the academy and ensure compliance with Health & Safety legislation and regulations
- Oversee the strategic leadership and co-ordination of educational trips and visits to ensure compliance with Health & safety legislation and regulations as well as ensuring quality future planning
- Develop systems to ensure the Academy’s ethos is outstanding in relation to both a positive and respectful culture
- Line manage and hold to account Assistant Principals and other key middle leaders ensuring they fulfill their responsibilities to a high standard.
- All members of the leadership team to carry out responsibilities as and when directed by the Head of School or Executive Principal.
The Successful Candidate
- Be an experienced member of a senior leadership team
- Have the ability to think strategically and solve problems
- Have a clear vision for raising outcomes
- Keep abreast of educational, legal, national and international developments and concepts
- Be well-read with a passion for innovation and creativity
- Be an excellent classroom practitioner particularly in regards to teaching and learning
- Have a passion for outstanding learning
- Hold and articulate clear values and moral purpose, focusing on providing a world-class education for all our students
- Demonstrate optimistic personal behaviour, positive relationships and attitudes towards students and staff and towards parents/carers, Trust leaders, members of the local community and Community Cluster Boards
- Lead by example – with integrity, creativity, resilience and clarity
- Demonstrate and uphold confidentiality in line with expectation of the role
- Be a confident public speaker, and use IT and a variety of MIS confidently
Start Date asap or April/Sept 2022
Salary L20 – L25 £67,364 – £76,141 dependent on actual experience
Job Role Full time, permanent
The Trust reserves the right to interview and appoint a suitable candidate before the deadline date.
Why work for Chalk Hills Academy?
- £30 million state of the art building with well-equipped classrooms in an Ofsted rated ‘Good’ school
- You’ll be working alongside a collaborative, forward thinking Principal and Senior Leadership Team who are here to support and develop you
- Unparalleled CPD opportunities with free courses every Thursday catered to your developmental needs
- Excellent opportunities to develop and grow in a successful and expanding Academy
- Freshly brewed coffee for staff on arrival to the academy every morning in your own 12oz Bamboo reusable cup
- Employee of the month scheme winning shopping vouchers
- Fantastic staff benefits that make a difference to your work life balance
Here’s what Ofsted have to say “Together with your leadership team, governors and the trust you have established high expectations for behaviour, teaching and achievement. Leaders have made sure that strategies are in place which have led to improvements in the quality of teaching, learning, assessment and the curriculum. Leaders have high expectations for pupils’ behaviour. Leaders work well with staff to ensure that the school is typically a calm, orderly and purposeful environment.” Ofsted May 2018
‘We believe in the safeguarding and welfare of children and expect all staff to share this view’.
The Academy is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and expects all staff to share this commitment. Applicants must be willing to undergo child protection screening appropriate to the post including checks with past employers and the Disclosure and Barring Service. We are an equal opportunities employer.
The Department for Education (DfE) has set out statutory guidance ‘Keeping Children Safe in Education’ for schools and colleges on safeguarding.
Safeguarding is defined in paragraph 4 as: “Protecting children from maltreatment; preventing impairment of children’s health or development; ensuring that children grow up in circumstances consistent with the provision of safe and effective care; and taking action to enable all children to have the best outcomes.
The definition of ‘children’ includes everyone under the age of 18.
Please read the information in this pack. If you are interested in this job opportunity, please apply online today via our career site on https://www.thesharedlearningtrust.org.uk/current-vacancies5/845.html We look forward to hearing from you!
If you have any questions about the role or would like to visit the Academy, please contact HR Recruitment, Jay Powell on 01582 211226 or firstname.lastname@example.org
If you decide to apply you should include a letter with your application form on no more than two sides of A4, giving your reasons for applying for the post, addressing information you have read in the pack with particular reference to the person specification, and outline any relevant experience and personal qualities you would bring to the Trust. Please do not send a generic letter; we really are looking for someone who is prepared to respond to us as an individual Trust. You can be sure we will take time and care in reading your letter; we appreciate how much energy goes into it.