Bournemouth & Poole College has an exciting opportunity for two Lecturers in Foundation Studies to join their team in North Road. You will be joining on a full-time or part-time basis and will receive a competitive salary of £21,610 - £34,515 per annum pro rata.
Bournemouth & Poole College are the largest provider of further education and apprentices within the area. We have around 11,000 students that are from across the UK and the world. Our passion is to ensure students are qualified, find jobs and can progress in their career. We are proud to say our apprenticeships training ranks in the top 30% of colleges and we work with over 2,000 business.
The Lecturer in Foundation Studies role:
The purpose of this post is to deliver high quality teaching and learning, as well as strong pastoral support to Bournemouth and Poole College students. The post holder may also act as a personal tutor to students.
Key responsibilities of our Lecturer in Foundation Studies:
- Contribute to the development and delivery of a range of educational programmes
- Contribute to high quality learning experiences using a variety of teaching and learning methods in the classroom.
- Ensure that teaching is based on current best available practice and is consistent with a high standard of practice.
- Provide academic and pastoral support to students in accordance with agreed procedures.
- Create an outstanding student experience which leads to progression or employment.
- Participate in the College’s appraisal process and to undertake any training that may be appropriate
- Take appropriate responsibility to ensure the health and safety of self and others
- Pursue the achievement and integration of equal opportunities throughout all The College’s activities
- Co-ordinate between teachers, parents and students to develop behaviour interventions and resolve issues.
- To deal with learners who are experiencing social, emotional and mental health issues.
As our Lecturer in Foundation Studies ideally, you’ll have:
- Knowledge of current evidence-based practice in field(s) of expertise.
- Knowledge of issues relating to equal opportunities and cultural diversity
- Knowledge of and commitment to Safeguarding Children and vulnerable adult’s legislation
- Experience of facilitating learning for students with Special Educational Needs
- Experience of dealing with students who have SEMH issues and challenging behaviours
- Excellent organisational skills
- Focused on team working
- Flexible and adaptable attitude to working with students of all ages
- Good communication skills
- Proven ability to plan and organise own workload.
- Ability to access and use relevant sources of research evidence.
- Graduate or specialist diploma in relevant subject area.
- Teaching Qualification such as Certificate in Education, DTLLS, DET, PGCE or willing to work towards.
As a member of the teaching team at Bournemouth & Poole College you can expect to receive a market rate salary and excellent benefits including:
- 38 days annual leave plus bank holidays
- Up to 5 days leave during the Christmas closure period
- Free parking at all of our college sites (where spaces are available)
- Cycle to Work scheme
- Enrolment into the Teachers' Pension Scheme
- Excellent support and career development with the help of our senior practitioners and Quality department
If you feel you are the right candidate for this Lecturer in Foundation Studies rolethen please click ‘apply’ now! We’d love to hear from you!
The College is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children, young people and vulnerable adults, and expects all staff to share this commitment. The successful applicant will be required to undertake appropriate safeguarding checks which includes an enhanced DBS check as well as providing proof of right to work in the UK.