Post 0.7 FTE Lecturer in Health & Social Care
Hours 26 hours per week
Contract term Permanent on successful completion of probationary period
Salary Main Grade Lecturer (Points 5-14) £22,443 - £32,552 per annum FTE Pro rata to £15,710 - £22,786 per annum
Location Skipton, North Yorkshire
Closing date Sunday 27 September 2020
Craven College is an aspirational College set in friendly and inclusive rural campuses in Skipton within the beautiful Yorkshire Dales, at The Aviation Academy based airside at Leeds Bradford Airport and at Evolve in the heart of Ripon. We are a Good College (Ofsted 2018) and offer full-time courses for 16-18 year olds, outstanding apprenticeships, courses for young people with special educational needs, part-time courses and degree level courses with a mission statement of ‘enriching lives through learning’. Tyro Training is our commercial training division which offers a wide range of training courses for both individuals and businesses in Skipton and Scarborough.
We continuously invest in our excellent, industry standard facilities with a new £1.6m purpose-built Animal Management Centre on our Aireville Campus to be followed in 2021 by the construction of new equestrian facilities including an international sized arena and outdoor warm up area.
We are currently seeking a committed Lecturer in Health & Social Care to deliver a range of accredited and non-accredited courses to meet curriculum requirements and quality assurance procedures. As a Lecturer in Health & Social Care you will prepare for and deliver training on a range of courses in line with customer requirements; develop and improve appropriate teaching and learning materials to support curriculum delivery, develop and carry out appropriate assessment of students’ work, in accordance with College and awarding body standards and be responsible for updating the subject specialism including continuing professional development.
• Degree or equivalent professional qualification in a relevant subject area;
• Current teaching qualification to Level 5 Diploma in Education and Training/PGCE/Cert Ed (or working towards);
• Qualified to Level 2 (GCSE Grade A*-C or equivalent) in English and maths (or willing to work towards completion within a specified time frame);
• Recent relevant experience of teaching to a high standard in the FE sector, including 14-16 age range;
• Good administrative skills with the ability to maintain accurate and relevant records in line with quality procedures;
• Excellent interpersonal skills and organisational skills;
• Interest and understanding of current educational initiatives;
• Ability to work flexibly and on own initiative to meet the needs of the College;
• Ability to motivate staff and work effectively as a team member;
• Ability to achieve consistently high standards under pressure;
• Willingness and ability to liaise effectively with external bodies and agencies;
• Willing to undertake professional development linked to the needs of the College;
• Computer literate
For further information including a full job description and to apply, please visit our website www.craven-college.ac.uk/jobs
Please note: Some College staff are currently working remotely.
If you have not heard from us within 28 days of the closing date on this occasion you have not been shortlisted. However please feel free to apply for futures roles as appropriate.