Post Progression Support Assistant
Hours Variable hours
Salary £9.85 per hour
Location Skipton, North Yorkshire
Closing date Sunday 27 September 2020
Craven College is an aspirational College set in friendly and inclusive rural campuses in Skipton within the beautiful Yorkshire Dales, at The Aviation Academy based airside at Leeds Bradford Airport and at Evolve in the heart of Ripon. We are a Good College (Ofsted 2018) and offer full-time courses for 16-18 year olds, outstanding apprenticeships, courses for young people with special educational needs, part-time courses and degree level courses with a mission statement of ‘enriching lives through learning’. Tyro Training is our commercial training division which offers a wide range of training courses for both individuals and businesses in Skipton and Scarborough.
We continuously invest in our excellent, industry standard facilities with a new £1.6m purpose-built Animal Management Centre on our Aireville Campus to be followed in 2021 by the construction of new equestrian facilities including an international sized arena and outdoor warm up area.
We are currently seeking to employ motivated and energetic Progression Support Assistants to assist teaching staff with the teaching and learning of individuals and small groups of students, with additional support needs. The successful applicants will work with students across all curriculum types and delivery to discern need, negotiate targets, plan, deliver and review personalised learning strategies. They will use agreed structured observation, as directed by the tutor, to feedback on student behaviour, participation and achievement, to support the planning and evolution of the learning process in respect of groups and individual students.
The successful candidate will have:
• A level 3 qualification
• Appropriate level 3 qualification in support, or willingness to work towards;
• Ability to communicate effectively and develop rapport with vulnerable adults and young people with special needs or learning difficulties;
• Qualified to Level 2 (GCSE Grade A*-C or equivalent) in English and maths (or willing to work towards completion within a specified time frame);
• Able to assist lecturing staff in the delivery of Individual Learning Plans and students core or essential goals;
• Ability to assist in the maintenance of student records and provide reports as required;
• Excellent interpersonal skills and organisational skills;
For further information including a full job description and to apply, please visit our website www.craven-college.ac.uk/jobs
If you have not heard from us within 28 days of the closing date on this occasion you have not been shortlisted. However please feel free to apply for futures roles as appropriate.