SALARY: £28,000 – £33,000 (FULL TIME), PLUS PENSION
FULL TIME, PART TIME AND TERM TIME CONTRACT CONSIDERED – FIXED TERM UNTIL 31 JULY 2021
LOCATION: WORKING ACROSS GROUP SITES IN STEVENAGE AND HITCHIN
Working collaboratively with our current maths & English team, Student Services team and our vocational teachers across the college, the English Coach will help students to develop and improve their English skills to support them achieve their GCSE or Functional Skills qualification and also to develop their wider English skills to be successful in their vocational studies. You will work with our students who have not yet been successful in achieving grade 4 in GCSE maths & English to ensure that this does not limit their ability to be successful in their current and future studies.
This is a new, exciting and varied role at North Hertfordshire College and you will have the opportunity to engage with all different curriculum areas. Your week will consist of a range of activities and will include 1-2-1 intervention sessions with students, small group sessions with those needing support and also develop exciting and engaging resources for our students to use outside of college.
• Salary £28,000 - £33,000 (full time equivalent)
• Pension Scheme
• Participation in the Group’s performance related pay scheme.
The following provides examples of the types of things you will be involved with.
• Provide tailored 1-2-1 and small group sessions that support students to develop their English skills.
• Working with our current English team, provide cross-college activity that focuses on developing the standard of reading and writing.
• Lead on the development of resources linked to English skill development.
• Utilise a wide range of teaching and learning tools to create interesting and engaging learning opportunities.
• Deliver outstanding learning, using creative learning strategies that will inspire and engage students to reach their full potential.
• Mark and assess students’ work, providing feedback that supports students to improve.
• Take responsibility for the progress and achievement of all students on your course.
• Champion our Maths and English strategy and embed the development of these in your teaching.
• Liaise with student services and additional learning support to ensure any sessions and support are appropriately planned.
• Educated to degree level or above
• Teaching experience
• Minimum of GCSE grade 4 (or equivalent) in English and maths
• High levels of written and spoken English
• An ability to engage and motivate students
• Strong collaborator who easily builds relationships with colleagues
• Good communication and presentation skills, written and verbal
• Good levels of digital literacy
• Up-to-date working knowledge of Microsoft suite of applications
• Experience of working with young people in educational or other setting
• Holds a teaching qualification – either a PGCE, DET or CertEd
For more details and to apply, please visit https://www.nhc.ac.uk/work-for-us/our-vacancies/
Closing date: Monday 28th September at midday.
Please ensure you state whether you are looking for full time, part time or term time only work.