Subject Lead - Digital Skills 56418 CEPE
County Hall, Norwich
£29,636 to £31,371 per annum
37 hours per week
44% of the population of the East of England have low or very low digital engagement and it is predicted that this number will fall to 35% by 2030 if no further interventions occur. In Norfolk the development of these skills can be an issue for residents, employers and educators. Nearly one in four of us have not kept pace and lack the basic digital skills to manage core tasks such as managing information, communicating online or making a transaction.
At Norfolk County Council’s Adult Learning we have a new and exciting opportunity for the right person to make a positive difference and play their part in raising digital participation in Norfolk. We aim to give our learners the digital skills they need to improve their job prospects and progress in employment; to enable Norfolk businesses to become digitally competitive; as well as to support people in Norfolk to thrive in the digital world.
We are delighted to be recruiting to a new, permanent Digital Skills Subject Lead position. As an expert in this field, you will be responsible for developing opportunities for learners and building participation on our digital skills programmes. From formal accredited programmes to Community Learning; from supporting Apprenticeships to developing bespoke packages, your role will be wide and varied.
• Hold relevant digital qualifications and/or have extensive experience to enable you to flourish in the role
• Be an outstanding teacher and have a learner centred approach
• Hold a relevant teaching qualification
• Hold a minimum of level 2 qualifications in maths and English
• Appreciate the added benefits of virtual learning and be able to demonstrate diverse delivery methods
• Value active learning delivery methodology
• Have a proven track record of success in developing curriculum and coordinating teaching staff to meet the needs of learners.
For further details and how to apply, please click "Apply Now".
Closing date: 31 August 2020