Job Title: Adult Learning Manager
Reports to: Chief Executive
Full-time post 5 days per week
Salary: £32,000 to £34,000 p.a.
Summary of post:
To be responsible for the implementation, management, monitoring and continuous improvement of Spires adult learning contract with the London Borough of Lambeth Adult Community Learning Department.
Spires works with many socially excluded individuals for whom an entry level course can to their first step towards integration to the community.
1. To manage Spires Adult Learning Centre and its courses, programs and activities in line with Spires contract with the London Borough of Lambeth Adult Community Learning Department (multiple site delivery)
2. To ensure contracted course learner numbers are recruited. This will include producing promotional material and actively marketing adult learning opportunities to other suitable organisations and individuals.
3. To recruit and support all Spires adult learning tutors including undertaking observations of teaching, learning and assessment.
4. To maintain the ‘Performance’, Monitoring’ and ‘Real Destination’ adult learning spreadsheets. Ensuring all targets are met and reported on.
5. To organise and support delivery of Spires accredited training courses for volunteers, with support and involvement from Spires Volunteer Coordinator.
6. To arrange IAG services for Spires adult learners and identify progression opportunities through external providers.
7. To attend London Borough of Lambeth provider meetings, and other monitoring and network meetings as required.
8. To facilitate the Spires Learner Forum and other client involvement activities as required.
9. Responsibility for data recording service performance using a range of digital platforms including a range of Management Information System (MIS) including online learner registrations, data recording, processing and management.
10. Review and analyse data against our contracted and funded programmes Key Performance Indicators (KPIS), recognising trends
11. Make recommendations for improvements and adjustments to better meet the needs of our funders/commissioners and to better serve our beneficiaries.
12. Lead on scheduling and timetabling of courses, marketing (hard copy and digital) and publicity of courses including production of tri-annual course guides, website updates, and handling course enquiries from current and prospective learners and organisations.
13. Jointly oversee recruitment to our courses, maintaining and updating a database for this purpose, co-ordinate volunteers making calls, help co-ordinate enrolment days and maintain records of course bookings.
14. Maintaining, strengthening and increasing the number of partners to support delivery of courses including maintaining clear communication with our funders and commissioners.
15. Regular monitoring of the Education and Training Service budget including forecasting and recording spend.
16. Carrying out Observations of Teaching, Learning and assessment
17. Designing inclusive curriculum meeting the needs of the local community
18. Reporting to funders and senior management
19. Preparing for audits and moderations
20. Monitoring quality of the teaching files