Trainee Teacher in Further Education (FE)
(Specialists in: Computer Networking Technologies, Computer Software, Finance/Accountancy, Health and Social Care, Childcare)
Salary - £23,367 per annum (full time)
For Health & Social Care, Childcare roles: 12 noon on Monday 10th August 2020
For Finance, Digital Roles: 12 noon Monday 24th August 2020
Ever considered a teaching career in Further Education (FE)?
Working in FE really makes a difference to the individuals you are teaching. All sorts of students come through the door of an FE college: the 16 year old who senses that it’s time to leave school, the adult facing unemployment who wants to retrain to find a job, the non-native speaker looking to master English or the individual who wants to follow a vocation rather than take a degree. They all have an eye on their future and this job will help them achieve their goals.
We are offering a new and exciting opportunity to train while you earn as a Trainee Teacher at Shipley College. We are looking for a range of Trainees - you will receive a salary for two years while studying part time, at no cost to you.
We are looking for people with industry experience in Health & Social Care, Childcare, Finance/Accountancy and Computing/Digital who want to change careers and pass on their knowledge and experience to others. Please see our website for job packs for each role available by visiting www.shipley.ac.uk/jobs.
What are the benefits of the Trainee Teacher role?
• You will be employed by Shipley College and paid a wage throughout the course
• Trainee Teachers will gain either a PGCE, or Cert Ed qualification if you do not have a degree, without needing to pay fees (currently £7,500).
• Trainee Teachers will gain a head start in their chosen profession
How does a Trainee Teacher role work?
This position combines working with studying part-time at the College. Trainee Teachers are employed throughout the 2 year programme, taking on an 80% workload while dedicating the rest of their time to developing their teaching practice. You will finish the period as a fully qualified post-16 teacher, once your qualification is achieved. Shipley College will help you identify an appropriate work-based mentor who can support you in your subject specialism.
Entry Requirements: You must:
• Hold a UK degree or equivalent professional qualification/experience
• Hold Level 2 in mathematics and English
• Complete a Satisfactory DBS (Disclosure and Barring Service) check
• Be eligible to work in the UK
• Be an industry professional – defined as someone who has worked for a minimum of three years in their area of vocation and is, at the time of applying still working in that same industry, or has been within the past 18 months;
You will qualify for the general terms and conditions for teachers and have access to a range of benefits available to all staff at Shipley College, including:
• Wages £23,367 per year (assumes full time working)
• 40 days Holidays per year (September to August) plus Bank Holidays (8) and College closure days (7)
• Membership of the Teachers Pension Scheme should you choose to join
• Access to a free gym on site
• Reduced cost train travel
Once fully qualified you can expect your salary to range from £23,367 to £33,146 for a main scale teacher.
How to Apply
Application forms can be obtained from www.shipley.ac.uk/jobs . You will find a job pack here that includes a full job description and person specification for all roles available. Please ensure you clearly mark the specialism you wish to be considered for on your application form.
Completed applications should be submitted to firstname.lastname@example.org .