Leeds College of Building
Governance Adviser and Clerk to the Corporation
Internal Ref: 0253
Hours: 15 hours per week
Salary: Circa £45,000 per annum (pro rata)
Leeds College of Building is unique. We are the only specialist Further Education college in the UK dedicated to construction and the built environment, with an enviable reputation both regionally and nationally. As an award-winning college, we are always looking for exceptional staff to help us to fulfil our ambitions.
The College’s Governing Body is seeking to recruit a candidate to play a pivotal role in ensuring high quality governance of the Corporation. You will provide professional and proactive information, advice and support to the Chair, Principal and all Members of the Corporation, enabling them to fully carry out their legal roles and responsibilities, and achieve their ambitions for the College as they strive for excellence. In particular the Governing Body is looking for someone who will approach the role by placing the student and other College stakeholders at the centre of governing processes.
You should also:
• be prepared to develop and innovate as a professional to promote and implement governance practice.
• understand effective governing processes and be able to apply this understanding in a fast-moving Further and Higher Education setting.
• be able to demonstrate independence and the ability to challenge standards of governance and conduct whilst operating with a team of Governors and College Senior Management.
• be educated to degree level.
In return we offer a warm and welcoming college with outstanding facilities and an excellent benefits package that includes:
• A generous 35 day annual leave entitlement (pro rata), plus 8 bank holidays and 6 college closure days.
• A well-respected occupational pension scheme (West Yorkshire Pension Scheme)
• Free parking at all of our College sites (on a first come, first served basis)
• Family friendly policies and opportunities for flexible working
• Superb opportunities for training and development
To apply for this role, please visit the vacancies section of our website at www.lcb.ac.uk. Please note that all applications should be completed online and CV’s will not be accepted.
Closing date: Friday 14th August 2020 at 4.00pm
Interview date: Tuesday 8th September 2020
Please note this position is subject to a Disclosure and Barring Service check.
The College is committed to safeguarding children, young people and vulnerable adults. It is also committed to the ‘Prevent Duty’ and the requirement to prevent people being drawn into terrorism and expects all staff to share these commitments.