Post Part time Lecturer in Counselling
Hours Variable hours
Contract term Fixed term until 31 July 2019, possible extension dependent on student numbers
Salary £22.44 per hour
Location Skipton, North Yorkshire
Closing date Sunday 16 August 2020
Interview date Thursday 20 August 2020
Craven College is an aspirational College set in friendly and inclusive rural campuses in Skipton within the beautiful Yorkshire Dales, at The Aviation Academy based airside at Leeds Bradford Airport and at Evolve in the heart of Ripon. We are a Good College (Ofsted 2018) and offer full-time courses for 16-18 year olds, outstanding apprenticeships, courses for young people with special educational needs, part-time courses and degree level courses with a mission statement of ‘enriching lives through learning’. Tyro Training is our commercial training division which offers a wide range of training courses for both individuals and businesses in Skipton and Scarborough.
We continuously invest in our excellent, industry standard facilities with a new £1.6m purpose-built Animal Management Centre on our Aireville Campus to be followed in 2021 by the construction of new equestrian facilities including an international sized arena and outdoor warm up area.
We are currently seeking a committed Lecturer in Counselling to deliver a range of accredited and non-accredited Counselling courses to meet curriculum requirements and quality assurance procedures. As a Lecturer in Counselling you will prepare for and deliver training on a range of courses in line with customer requirements; develop and improve appropriate teaching and learning materials to support curriculum delivery, develop and carry out appropriate assessment of students’ work, in accordance with College and awarding body standards and be responsible for updating the subject specialism including continuing professional development.
• Degree or equivalent professional qualification in Psychology or Therapeutic Counselling
• Post Graduate Diploma in Counselling and Psychotherapy
• Currently working towards or have BACP accreditation, or equivalent from a recognised professional body
• Ability to teach on Counselling Skills and Therapeutic Counselling Training Courses from Level 2 to Level 5 or above.
• Currently working as a counsellor/psychotherapist as vocational experience is essential
• Person centred or relational therapy core approach
• Teaching/training qualifications or willingness to work towards
• Level 2 or equivalent qualification in Maths and English;
For further information including a full job description and to apply, please visit our website www.craven-college.ac.uk/jobs
Please note: College staff are currently working remotely. Interviews may take place remotely.
If you have not heard from us within 28 days of the closing date on this occasion you have not been shortlisted. However please feel free to apply for futures roles as appropriate.