Post Construction Technician
Hours 37 hours per week
Contract term Permanent on successful completion of probationary period
Salary APT&C Scale 3 (Points 15 – 17) £16,662 - £17,216 per annum
Location Skipton, North Yorkshire
Closing date Sunday 9 August 2020
Interview date tbc
Craven College is an aspirational College set in friendly and inclusive rural campuses in Skipton within the beautiful Yorkshire Dales, at The Aviation Academy based airside at Leeds Bradford Airport and at Evolve in the heart of Ripon. We are a Good College (Ofsted 2018) and offer full-time courses for 16-18 year olds, outstanding apprenticeships, courses for young people with special educational needs, part-time courses and degree level courses with a mission statement of ‘enriching lives through learning’. Tyro Training is our commercial training division which offers a wide range of training courses for both individuals and businesses in Skipton and Scarborough.
We continuously invest in our excellent, industry standard facilities with a new £1.6m purpose-built Animal Management Centre on our Aireville Campus to be followed in 2021 by the construction of new equestrian facilities including an international sized arena and outdoor warm up area.
We are currently seeking an enthusiastic and diligent Construction Technician to assist with the preparation of equipment and resources to support the delivery of the curriculum at the Centre for Construction situated on both the Aireville campus and auction mart campus in Skipton. As a Construction Technician you will be responsible for maintaining, organising and servicing fixed plant/machinery/tools and equipment; and to provide an efficient and effective support service in the practical workshops and assessment areas, in particular bricklaying and plastering but also to support with other construction trades when required.
• Knowledge of building materials and disposal;
• Up to date IT skills to be able to process orders and respond to requests via email;
• Self-motivated and enthusiastic;
• Good interpersonal skills with the ability to communicate at all levels and with young
• Ability to work in a team and with students with a wide range of abilities and needs;
• Ability to work on own initiative;
• Knowledge and experience in relation to stock control and inventory;
• Practical knowledge of Health and Safety legislation and safe practice;
• Ability to work flexibly around the needs of the College;
• Full driving licence and access to an appropriately insured vehicle;
• Qualified First Aider or willing to work towards qualification
For further information including a full job description and to apply, please visit our website www.craven-college.ac.uk/jobs
Please note: College staff are currently working remotely. Interviews may take place remotely.
If you have not heard from us within 28 days of the closing date on this occasion you have not been shortlisted. However please feel free to apply for futures roles as appropriate.