Post Part time Lecturer in Nail Technology & Beauty
Hours Variable hours
Contract term Fixed term until 31 July 2021, possible extension dependent on student numbers
Salary Grade V Teaching rate £22.44 per hour
Location Skipton, North Yorkshire
Closing date Sunday 9 August 2020
Interview date Tuesday 25 August 2020 - may take place remotely
Craven College is an aspirational College set in friendly and inclusive rural campuses in Skipton within the beautiful Yorkshire Dales, at The Aviation Academy based airside at Leeds Bradford Airport and at Evolve in the heart of Ripon. We are a Good College (Ofsted 2018) and offer full-time courses for 16-18 year olds, outstanding apprenticeships, courses for young people with special educational needs, part-time courses and degree level courses with a mission statement of ‘enriching lives through learning’. Tyro Training is our commercial training division which offers a wide range of training courses for both individuals and businesses in Skipton and Scarborough.
We continuously invest in our excellent, industry standard facilities with a new £1.6m purpose-built Animal Management Centre on our Aireville Campus to be followed in 2021 by the construction of new equestrian facilities including an international sized arena and outdoor warm up area.
We are currently seeking an enthusiastic Lecturer to teach a range of part time Nail Technology and Beauty courses. You will be expected to prepare for and deliver training on a range of courses in line with customer requirements; develop and improve appropriate teaching and learning materials to support curriculum delivery including flexible learning programmes; develop and carry out appropriate assessment of students’ work, in accordance with College and awarding body standards; to promote, develop and evaluate a range of provision within the curriculum area; to keep abreast of new developments in the field and evaluate new approaches to curriculum delivery.
• Appropriate academic or professional qualifications
• Qualifications to minimum level 3 or equivalent and/or relevant vocation experience in the subject specialist area;
• Teaching/training qualifications or willingness to work towards
• Level 2 or equivalent qualification in Maths and English;
• An excellent current working knowledge of the subject area;
• Ability to work flexibly and on own initiative to meet the needs of the College;
• Ability to maintain relevant records and documentation accurately;
• Willingness and ability to undertake further professional development;
• Ability to achieve high standards working under pressure and with minimum supervision;
• Excellent interpersonal skills;
For further information including a full job description and to apply, please visit our website www.craven-college.ac.uk/jobs
Please note: College staff are currently working remotely. Interviews may take place remotely.
If you have not heard from us within 28 days of the closing date on this occasion you have not been shortlisted. However please feel free to apply for futures roles as appropriate.