Post Part time Lecturer in Flower Arranging
Hours Variable hours
Contract term Fixed term until 31 July 2021, possible extension dependent on student numbers
Salary Grade V Teaching rate £22.44 per hour
Location Skipton, North Yorkshire (with option for some home working)
Closing date Sunday 16 August 2020
Craven College is an aspirational College set in friendly and inclusive rural campuses in Skipton within the beautiful Yorkshire Dales, at The Aviation Academy based airside at Leeds Bradford Airport and at Evolve in the heart of Ripon. We are a Good College (Ofsted 2018) and offer full-time courses for 16-18 year olds, outstanding apprenticeships, courses for young people with special educational needs, part-time courses and degree level courses with a mission statement of ‘enriching lives through learning’. Tyro Training is our commercial training division which offers a wide range of training courses for both individuals and businesses in Skipton and Scarborough.
We continuously invest in our excellent, industry standard facilities with a new £1.6m purpose-built Animal Management Centre on our Aireville Campus to be followed in 2021 by the construction of new equestrian facilities including an international sized arena and outdoor warm up area.
We are currently seeking an enthusiastic Lecturer in Flower Arranging to teach a range of adult part time courses. You will be expected to prepare for and teach on a range of courses to adult part-time students, develop and improve appropriate teaching and learning materials to support curriculum delivery including flexible learning programmes, promote, develop and evaluate a range of provision within the curriculum area and develop and carry out appropriate assessment of students’ work, in accordance with College and awarding body standards.
• Level 3 or equivalent professional qualification in a relevant subject area;
• Vocational experience in floristry; must have relevant experience of working within the industry and be competent and current in all aspects of flower arranging.
• Current teaching qualification to Level 3 Education and Training (or willingness to work towards);
• Recent relevant experience of teaching to a high standard in the FE sector, including 19+ age range;
• Enthusiasm, passion and desire to teach others the skills involved with flower arranging;
• Ability to plan and deliver all sessions practical and theory to a high standard
• Flexible to work evenings, occasional weekends and in the community
For further information including a full job description and to apply, please visit our website www.craven-college.ac.uk/jobs
Please note: College staff are currently working remotely. Interviews may take place remotely.
If you have not heard from us within 28 days of the closing date on this occasion you have not been shortlisted. However please feel free to apply for futures roles as appropriate.