Bournemouth & Poole College has an exciting opportunity for a driven and committed Care Assessor to join their team. You will be joining on a variable basis working flexible hours. In return you will receive a competitive salary.
Bournemouth & Poole College are the largest provider of further education and apprentices within the area. We have around 11,000 students that are from across the UK and the world. Our passion is education and transformation through skills and knowledge. We are proud to demonstrate high student achievement and our apprenticeship training ranks extremely highly - we are in the top 11 % of general FE colleges and top 6.5% overall including other providers for apprenticeship delivery.
The Care Assessor Role:
Bournemouth & Poole College are looking for experienced and enthusiastic Assessors with Care Sector backgrounds to join our successful team delivering nationally recognised qualifications, online.
This post offers flexible working hours which will be agreed and will allow you to work from home. On site attendance mainly at our Lansdowne Campus for key dates and events is also required. All relevant support will be provided to allow you to do so.
Payment will be based on completion of learners who successfully achieve their qualifications. If you have at least 3 years’ experience working in the care sector and have your Assessor and Verifiers qualifications, or are prepared to work towards them, and are motivated and looking to work from home, we would like to hear from you.
You will ensure that The College’s provision of online, work-based qualifications in this area are administered and delivered according to the standards laid down by the awarding bodies and the College. You will also ensure that candidates achieve in a timely fashion, by implementing all the necessary actions during the term of the qualification.
Responsibilities and duties as our Care Assessor will include:
- To ensure that candidates who wish to enrol on the online qualifications on offer have all the guidance and resources made available to them to successfully achieve their goal.
- To organise and carry out on-line support and feedback to candidates, in order to perform assessments using recognised assessment methods.
- To record assessment decisions and give feedback to candidates, and if necessary, arrange for support activities to take place.
- To work closely with the Internal and External Verifiers to ensure that the quality of the online assessments meets the standards required by the awarding bodies, and The College.
The ideal Care Assessor will need:
- Minimum of 3 years’ experience in the appropriate medical sector.
- TAQA, A1 (D32/33) Assessor award
- Relevant medical and sector specific qualifications.
- The ability to analyse and solve problems.
- Interpersonal / presentation and negotiation skills.
- Strong interest in supporting learning and the ability to use technology to administer online.
Closing date for Care Assessor applications: 17 August 2020
If you feel you are the right candidate for this Care Assessor role then please click ‘apply’ now! We’d love to hear from you!
The College is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children, young people and vulnerable adults, and expects all staff to share this commitment. The successful applicant will be required to undertake appropriate safeguarding checks which includes an enhanced DBS check as well as providing proof of right to work in the UK.