Brockenhurst College has an exciting opportunity for an Adult Learning & Skills Administrator to join their dedicated and enthusiastic team based in Lymington Adult Learning and Skills Centre. You will be working on a part time, permanent basis, in return, you will receive a competitive salary of £16,845 pro rata.
Hours: 10.5 hours a week over 40 weeks per year (420 hours over an Academic year)
Shift times: Tuesday and Thursday 18:30 to 20:30 and Wednesday 09:00 to 16:00 (slightly flexible) with some school holiday cover
As the Adult Learning & Skills Administrator, you will provide support to adult students and tutors.
As our Adult Learning & Skills Administrator your duties will include:
- Operate the adult learning and skills centre in the day and evenings, providing excellent customer service to students and tutors; enquiries may be in person, by telephone or email.
- Liaise with adult students regarding course arrangements, completing enrolment forms, taking and chasing payments, updating course information sheets annually and when required.
- Carry out enrolment procedures including receipting payments for Adult Learning and Skills provision. The role will involve walking onsite to check rooms and facilities.
- Support tutors access resources such as Overhead Projectors, flipcharts, registers, course materials and photocopying
- Receive general enquiries from the public, issue course information or refer on as appropriate
- Reply to enquiries for prospectus and general course enquiries.
- Assist with general office duties including maintenance of student records and filing systems.
- Co-ordinate rooming changes with Site Officers and Lymington Community Centre staff
- Support Community Centre security and first aid requirements in conjunction with other duty staff
- Attend training and staff meetings, including some Open and Enrolment evenings and Saturday events as required.
The ideal Adult Learning & Skills Administrator will need:
- GCSEs in English Maths at grade C or above (or equivalent)
- Able to demonstrate proficient computer skills
- Experience of working in an office environment
- Experience of assisting a range of different people with diverse needs
- Competent computer skills – able to use Word, Excel, Outlook and the internet for information retrieval
- Able to demonstrate customer care skills
- Telephone and reception skills
- Smart appearance and professional approach
Benefits will include:
- Access to onsite Gym, Tennis/Badminton courts, Football pitches (indoor & out)
- Weekly staff Yoga and Football
- On-site Nursery offers childcare at superb rates in and outside of term time
- Enrolment into the Local Government Pension Scheme
- Free eye care vouchers
- Free secure onsite parking
- Access to a range of discounts including shopping, travel and healthcare
- 25 days leave plus bank holidays (pro rata for part time staff) and an option to purchase further leave through our Annual Leave Purchase Scheme
- Access to our Employee Assistance Programme provided externally to the College. This is a completely confidential service and is free to all members of staff at the College.
Closing date: 16 August 2020
If you feel you are the right candidate for this Adult Learning & Skills Administrator role then please click ‘apply’ now! We’d love to hear from you!
The College is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children, young people and vulnerable adults, and expects all staff to share this commitment. The successful applicant will be required to undertake appropriate