YMCA is one of the most recognisable and iconic of all global charity brands. The YMCA movement started with us, Central YMCA. Throughout our nearly 200-year history, we've worked towards a world where people are happier, healthier and more fulfilled.
We're a team of dedicated professionals who strive to reach that goal through creative health, wellbeing and education programmes. These range from fitness qualifications through to apprenticeships - everything from childcare to horticulture. We award qualifications in fitness and leisure for educational institutions in the UK and abroad. Then of course, there's our famous Club in central London, which is at the epicentre of contemporary wellbeing, thinking and practice.
This role would perfectly suit someone who has experience of working with young people or who is looking to share their knowledge and experiences with the next generation in order to support them to achieve their life goals. Ideally possessing a teaching qualification, you must be able to work both independently and as part of a wider team. A strong sense of purpose and a passion for teaching and training is a must, along with the ability to use your initiative and work to set deadlines.
You will also be able to:
· Plan and deliver diverse and innovative teaching, learning and assessment opportunities to achieve the highest academic standards and learning opportunities for learners (including functional skills maths and English).
· Ensure learning, teaching and assessment programmes take account of the latest developments in subjects taught and evaluate their impact on learner progress and success, ensuring that appropriate use is made of ICT.
· Provide pastoral and tutorial support within the framework of support designed by the organisation to support individual learner support, progress and achievement.
· Are you up for the challenge? You will have a 'can do' approach, delivering results on time and to budget, in a supportive and client focused manner.
You will also need to have the following:
· PGCE/Certificate in Education or Level 5 Diploma in Education and Training
· Qualified to a minimum level 3 in Health and Social Care & Childcare.
· Experience of teaching young people 16+
· Be an organised and efficient person with experience of working within a team environment
· Possess excellent written and verbal communication skills.
This is a fantastic opportunity to join our innovative team and do something great for yourself - and for others. If this sounds right for you click apply now, register your details and tell us why you are perfect for the role.
Central YMCA is committed to championing equality, diversity and inclusion in all its forms. For those who would like to work with us, Central YMCA welcomes applications from all sectors of society. We believe that our Charity is greatly enhanced by the varied backgrounds, experiences and views represented within our team; we aim to appoint individuals based solely on their applicable skills, experiences and attitudes.