Brockenhurst College has an exciting opportunity for a Lecturer In Computing & IT to join their dedicated and enthusiastic team based in Brockenhurst. You will be working on a full time, permanent basis, in return, you will receive a competitive salary of £20,008 - £36,480 per annum.
We are a high-achieving college who attract around 3,000 sixth form students across the region each year. We are based within the stunning New Forest National Park and offer our students a huge range of courses and superb facilities.
The Lecturer in Computing & IT role:
You will continually improve the learning experience and achievement of students through effective and inspirational teaching. You will teach, assess and IV on a range of BTEC units. The exact units will depend on curriculum needs as well as your knowledge and experience.
As our Lecturer in Computing & IT your duties will include:
- Teach on courses as agreed with the Head of Department and/or Curriculum Manager.
- Act as Course Leader, when requested.
- Prepare and mark student work, monitor progress towards individual targets, keep records and provide timely reports/reviews to students, parents, employers and College managers, as appropriate.
- Work closely with other colleagues to respond to the needs of students.
- Pay due attention to the principles of inclusive learning
- Contribute to the design, delivery and future planning and development of the curriculum.
- Contribute to the teaching/learning resource bank for the relevant subject/course.
- Maintain an up-to-date knowledge of developments in the relevant subject/course.
- Develop and maintain effective external links related to the delivery of the subject/course and represent the College at relevant meetings.
- Organise and participate in relevant visits, field trips etc.
- Attend and contribute to relevant meetings, including Enrolment/Open Events and Parents’ Evening, as appropriate.
The ideal Lecturer in Computing & IT will need:
- Degree or equivalent professional qualification in relevant subject area
- Appropriate teacher training qualification (or working towards this)
- Excellent teaching skills
- Able to manage learners and learning effectively
- Able to develop effective learning resources
- Ability to teach level 2 and 3
- Knowledge of the need for membership of a professional body in Computing and IT
- Knowledge and understanding of current developments in the relevant curriculum area
- Knowledge of appropriate health and safety requirements
Benefits will include:
- Access to onsite Gym, Tennis/Badminton courts, Football pitches (indoor & out)
- Weekly staff Yoga and Football
- On-site Nursery offers childcare at superb rates in and outside of term time
- Enrolment into the Teachers Pension Scheme
- Free eye care vouchers
- Free secure onsite parking
- Access to a range of discounts including shopping, travel and healthcare
- 37 days leave plus bank holidays (pro rata for part time staff) and an option to purchase further leave through our Annual Leave Purchase Scheme
- Access to our Employee Assistance Programme provided externally to the College. This is a completely confidential service and is free to all members of staff at the College.
Closing date: 7 June 2020
If you feel you are the right candidate for this Lecturer in Computing & IT role then please click ‘apply’ now! We’d love to hear from you!
The College is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children, young people and vulnerable adults, and expects all staff to share this commitment. The successful applicant will be required to undertake appropriate safeguarding checks which includes an enhanced DBS check as well as providing proof of right to work in the UK.