Brockenhurst College has an exciting opportunity for a Lecturer in Psychology & Criminology to join their dedicated and enthusiastic team based in Brockenhurst. You will be working on a 0.8 FTE/1.0 FTE, permanent basis and in return, you will receive a competitive salary of £20,008 - £36,480 per annum (pro-rata for part time staff).
Due to the current situation around Covid-19 it is anticipated that some teaching and learning maybe delivered remotely.
We are a high-achieving college who attract around 3,000 sixth form students across the region each year. We are based within the stunning New Forest National Park and offer our students a huge range of courses and superb facilities.
The Lecturer in Psychology & Criminology role:
You will continually improve the learning experience and achievement of students through effective teaching.
As our Lecturer in Psychology & Criminology your duties will include:
- Teaching on courses as agreed with the Head of Curriculum and the Director of Curriculum
- Acting as Course Leader, when requested
- Preparing and marking student work, monitoring progress towards individual targets
- Working closely with other colleagues to respond to the needs of students
- Paying due attention to the principles of inclusive learning
- Contributing to the design, delivery and future planning and development of the curriculum.
- Contributing to the teaching/learning resource bank
- Maintaining an up-to-date knowledge of developments in the relevant subject/course.
- Developing and maintaining effective external links related to the delivery of the subject/course
- Organising and participating in relevant visits, field trips etc.
- Attending and contributing to relevant meetings, including Enrolment/Open Events and Parents’ Evening
- Advising and assisting the Head of Curriculum and other team members in all matters
Organisation: Brockenhurst College
Curriculum/Support Area: Social Sciences & A Level Business
Job Type: Permanent
Employment Basis :Part time
Working hours per week: the post will be 0.8-1ft
Location: Brockenhurst College
Salary: £20,008-£36,480 (pro-rata for part time)
Closing date: 07/06/2020
The ideal Lecturer in Psychology & Criminology will need:
- Degree or equivalent professional qualification in relevant subject area.
- Excellent teaching skills.
- Able to manage learners and learning effectively.
- Able to develop effective learning resources.
- Knowledge and understanding of current developments in Psychology A level and level 3 criminology.
- Supportive and positive approach to teaching.
Benefits will include:
- Access to onsite Gym, Tennis/Badminton courts, Football pitches (indoor & out)
- Weekly staff Yoga and Football
- On-site Nursery offers childcare at superb rates in and outside of term time
- Enrolment into the Teachers Pension Scheme
- Free eye care vouchers
- Free secure onsite parking
- Access to a range of discounts including shopping, travel and healthcare
- 37 days leave plus bank holidays (pro rata for part time staff) and an option to purchase further leave through our Annual Leave Purchase Scheme
- Access to our Employee Assistance Programme provided externally to the College. This is a completely confidential service and is free to all members of staff at the College.
Closing date: 7th June 2020
If you feel you are the right candidate for this Lecturer in Psychology & Criminology role then please click ‘apply’ now! We’d love to hear from you!
The College is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children, young people and vulnerable adults, and expects all staff to share this commitment. The successful applicant will be required to undertake appropriate safeguarding checks which includes an enhanced DBS check as well as providing proof of right to work in the UK.