We are seeking to appoint a dynamic and ambitious Assistant Principal to join our dedicated team at our large and attractive Sparsholt campus, which is situated 4 miles from Winchester city centre. With overall responsibility for the curriculum areas of: agriculture, arboriculture & forestry, fish, game & wildlife, conservation, horticulture, motor vehicle & land-based engineering, the successful candidate must be able to demonstrate a proven track record of improving standards and raising achievement, with the ability to motivate, inspire and lead a large team of highly committed staff.
The role includes line management of the workshops and Workshop Co-ordinator, the College grounds and the Grounds Manager and a range of full cost short course training for industry.
The successful candidate will be able to demonstrate that they have an in-depth understanding of the current educational landscape, and be able to demonstrate a proven track record in delivering and managing outstanding provision, preferably in a post-16 setting.
Relocation support will be available for any successful applicant who needs to relocate and temporary on-site accommodation to facilitate relocation will also be available.
Please read the job description for full details about the role. If you would like to speak to someone on an informal basis about the role then in the first instance please email firstname.lastname@example.org
Closing Date: 01 June 2020
• Eligibility to join the Teachers’ Pension Scheme (a defined benefit pension scheme)
• Death Benefit grant of 3 x salary if in the pension scheme
• Free on-site parking
• Occupational Sick Pay Scheme
• Occupational Maternity Pay Scheme
• Holiday entitlement of 35 days plus Public and Bank Holidays along with college closure days at Xmas
• Access to an employee assistance scheme
• On-site gym at the Sparsholt campus (membership £100 per annum)
• Facility to purchase Sparsholt produce including: plants, fruit & vegetables, fish and game
• Access to discounted hair treatments at the Andover campus
• Ability to access a range of CPD events and support with undertaking professional qualifications
• Various food outlets and eateries offering good value food and drink at competitive prices
There is a nursery on the Sparsholt campus operated by a commercial provider.
Application packs are available from:
24 hour recruitment line: 01962 797438