The Taunton Academy is seeking to appoint an exceptional, driven, dynamic and inspirational leader to build on the academy’s many strengths and further develop our vision of delivering high class education. We are an ambitious Church of England secondary school based in the beautiful county town of Somerset.
Sponsored by the Richard Huish Education Group, the Multi-Academy Trust model offers the school potential to retain its unique characteristics and to maintain its own local governing body; whilst also offering the Head Teacher a high degree of autonomy in the work of leading the school, with the freedom to focus on teaching and learning.
We are looking for an exceptional leader who:
• Will demonstrate strategic vision and have a track record of exceptional leadership and management experience
• Is dynamic, motivational and has a proven record of delivering high quality teaching and learning
• Is resilient and financially astute with an unparalleled understanding of education and the challenges in developing schools
• Has an aspirational mindset, leading by example in the pursuit of high standards and levels of achievement
• Is able to understand, value and develop the values of the school and wider Trust
• Is an excellent, engaging communicator who will develop strong relationships with children, parents and the wider community
• Can embrace and relish the opportunities available for collaboration and strive for excellence within the Huish group of schools.
If you would like to discuss this role further please contact The Richard Huish Trust CEO firstname.lastname@example.org.
Further details and an application pack can be found on the vacancies pages of the school website www.thetauntonacademy.com or the Richard Huish Education Group www.huish.education .
Please complete the application form and a covering letter in which you explain how your values, knowledge, experience and skills/abilities meet the requirements of the Job Description.
Please return your completed application to: The HR Manager at Richard Huish College, South Road, Taunton, Somerset TA1 3DZ or email@example.com.
Closing Date for applications: Friday 29th May 2020, 12 noon
The Richard Huish Trust is committed to Safeguarding and promoting the welfare of the children and expect all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. The successful candidate will be subject to all necessary pre-employment checks including Enhanced DBS, Prohibition check,, qualifications, identity and right to work. We actively promote equal opportunities and welcome applications from all sections of the community.
All applicants will be required to provide two suitable references.