Carpentry & Joinery Instructor
Bournemouth & Poole College has an exciting opportunity for a Carpentry & Joinery Instructor to join their team situated at The Fulcrum Centre, Poole. You will be joining on a full-time basis and will receive a competitive salary of £20,056 - £25,837 per annum.
Bournemouth & Poole College are the largest provider of further education and apprentices within the area. We have around 11,000 students that are from across the UK and the world. Our passion is to ensure students are qualified, find jobs and can progress in their career. We are proud to say our apprenticeships training ranks in the top 30% of colleges and we work with over 2,000 business.
The Carpentry & Joinery Instructor role:
You will deliver high quality and effective Carpentry and Joinery instructing to our students at Bournemouth and Poole College. This job role will mainly be based in a workshop environment.
Key responsibilities of our Carpentry & Joinery Instructor:
- Contribute to the development and delivery of a range of educational programmes including identifying learning objectives, determining, designing and producing study material, planning course/study programme delivery.
- Contribute to high quality learning experiences using a variety of teaching and learning methods.
- Ensure that teaching is based on current best available practice and is consistent with a high standard of practice.
- Provide academic and pastoral support to students in accordance with agreed procedures.
- Create an outstanding student experience which leads to progression or employment.
- Manage student issues within agreed protocols.
- Undertake such other reasonable duties as the line manager may require from time to time and review this Job Description annually with the line manager.
- Participate in the College’s appraisal process and to undertake any training that may be appropriate.
As our Carpentry & Joinery Instructor ideally, you’ll have:
- Knowledge of current evidence-based practice in field(s) of expertise
- Knowledge of issues relating to equal opportunities and cultural diversity
- Knowledge of and commitment to Safeguarding Children and vulnerable adults legislation
- Experience of facilitating Assessment for students in Further Education or an appropriate workplace setting
- 5 years minimum industry experience in Carpentry and Joinery.
- Maths and English at Level 2 minimum
- NVQ level 2 or Advanced Craft in Carpentry & Joinery.
- Willingness to undertake a teaching qualification
As a member of the teaching team at Bournemouth & Poole College you can expect to receive a market rate salary and excellent benefits including:
- 38 days annual leave plus bank holidays
- up to 5 days leave during the closure period Christmas
- Free parking at all of our college sites (where spaces are available)
- Cycle to Work scheme
- Enrolment into the Teachers' Pension Scheme
- Excellent support and career development with the help of our senior practitioners and Quality department
Closing date: 07/06/2020
If you feel you are the right candidate for this Carpentry & Joinery Instructor rolethen please click ‘apply’ now! We’d love to hear from you!
The College is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children, young people and vulnerable adults, and expects all staff to share this commitment. The successful applicant will be required to undertake appropriate safeguarding checks which includes an enhanced DBS check as well as providing proof of right to work in the UK.