Bournemouth & Poole College has two exciting opportunities for Sport & Uniformed Public Services Lecturers to join their team in Lansdowne. You will be joining on a full-time basis and will receive a competitive salary of £21,610 - £34,515 per annum.
Bournemouth & Poole College are the largest provider of further education and apprentices within the area. We have around 11,000 students that are from across the UK and the world. Our passion is to ensure students are qualified, find jobs and can progress in their career. We are proud to say our apprenticeships training ranks in the top 30% of colleges and we work with over 2,000 business.
The Sport & Uniformed Public Services Lecturer role:
The purpose of this role is to deliver high quality and effective teaching and learning (subjects) to Bournemouth and Poole College students. You may also act as a personal tutor to students.
You will be required to teach a range of Sport and/or Uniformed Public Services subjects dependent on industry experience, typically including units ranging for example from Anatomy & Physiology, fitness testing and training, psychology, adventure training and command and control, leadership and teamwork, law, employment and careers across levels 1, 2 and 3. For the right candidate there may also be opportunities to teach Law and Criminology units on the Access to HE course.
Key responsibilities of our Sport & Uniformed Public Services Lecturer:
- To teach Sport and /or Uniformed Public Services students dependant on previous industry experience
- To contribute to the work of the teaching team in matters of curriculum development and course organisation
- Contribute to the development and delivery of a range of educational programmes
- Contribute to high quality learning experiences using a variety of teaching and learning methods.
- Ensure that teaching is based on current best available practice and is consistent with a high standard of practice.
- Provide academic and pastoral support to students in accordance with agreed procedures.
- Create an outstanding student experience which leads to progression or employment.
- Manage student issues within agreed protocols.
- Undertake such other reasonable duties as the line manager may require
- Participate in the College’s appraisal process and to undertake any training that may be appropriate
As our Sport & Uniformed Public Services Lecturer ideally, you’ll have:
- Previous experience of teaching Sport and/or Public Services – or related subjects such as adventure training, communications or fitness.
- Knowledge of current evidence-based practice in field(s) of expertise.
- Knowledge of issues relating to equal opportunities and cultural diversity.
- Knowledge of and commitment to Safeguarding Children and vulnerable adults legislation
- Some experience of facilitating learning for students in Further or Higher Education or an appropriate workplace setting
- Graduate in relevant subject area
- Teaching Qualification
- Industry experience
As a member of the teaching team at Bournemouth & Poole College you can expect to receive a market rate salary and excellent benefits including:
- 38 days annual leave plus bank holidays
- up to 5 days leave during the Christmas closure period
- Free parking at all of our college sites (where spaces are available)
- Cycle to Work scheme
- Enrolment into the Teachers' Pension Scheme
- Excellent support and career development with the help of our senior practitioners and Quality department
Closing date: 30/05/2020
Interview date: 12/06/2020 (subject to current conditions)
If you feel you are the right candidate for this Sport &/or Uniformed Public Services Lecturer roles then please click ‘apply’ now! We’d love to hear from you!
The College is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children, young people and vulnerable adults, and expects all staff to share this commitment. The successful applicant will be required to undertake appropriate safeguarding checks which includes an enhanced DBS check as well as providing proof of right to work in the UK.