Brockenhurst College has an exciting opportunity for a Senior Instructor to join their dedicated and enthusiastic team based in Hengistbury Head. You will be working on a full time, fixed term basis until approximately November 30th. In return, you will receive a competitive salary of £17,190 per annum.
We are a high-achieving college who attract around 3,000 sixth form students across the region each year. We are based within the stunning New Forest National Park and offer our students a huge range of courses and superb facilities.
As our Senior Instructor you will co-ordinate and instruct Adventurous activities at Hengistbury head. This role will regularly be in charge of day to day delivery of activities at the centre, including guidance and monitoring of other staff and their sessions.
Main responsibilities as our Senior Instructor:
- In the absence of the centre manager Co – ordination of groups and instructors in line with health and safety requirements and NGB legislation
- To instruct outdoor activities as directed by the Senior staff
- Working alongside the Head of HHC to ensure the safe operation of the centre programme
- Deputising for the Head of HHC in his/her role as senior instructor
- Assisting in the preparation and compliance for inspections by outside authorities
- Preparing, setting up, clearing away, washing up where applicable and storing apparatus, equipment and materials for lessons, demonstrations, etc.
- Issuing materials and equipment in a safe condition to students and staff
- Simple construction, maintenance, fault finding, repair and servicing of equipment and where necessary, arranging repair via the Senior Centre Staff.
- Undertaking regular safety checks on equipment
Key skills and attitudes required as our Senior Instructor include:
- Educated to at least GCSE Level First Aid qualification
- At least 2 NGB Coach or Instructor Awards one of which must be RYA senior instructor
- Experience in coaching outdoor activities
- The ability to work at a practical level, coaching a variety of ages and abilities.
- A good understanding of ratio’s for activities
- Able to cope with rapidly changing circumstances
- Able to take lead a group of Instructors
- Ability to deal with customer complaints.
- Able to relate well to students of different ages and abilities including those with special Educational needs
Benefits as our Senior Instructor:
- Access to onsite Gym, Tennis/Badminton courts, Football pitches (indoor & out)
- Weekly staff Yoga and Football
- On-site Nursery offers childcare at superb rates all year round
- Enrolment into the Local Government Pension Scheme
- Free eye care vouchers for DSE users
- Free secure onsite parking
- Access to a range of discounts including shopping, travel and healthcare
- 25 days leave plus bank holidays (pro rata for part time staff)
- Access to our Employee Assistance Programme provided externally to the College. This is a completely confidential service and is free to all members of staff at the College
Closing date: 05/04/2020
If you feel you are the right candidate for the Senior Instructor role and are looking for an opportunity to gain a nationally recognized qualification, then please click ‘apply’ now! We’d love to hear from you!
Due to the nature of this post, you must be aged over 17 and eligible to apprenticeship funding to apply.
The College is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children, young people and vulnerable adults, and expects all staff to share this commitment. The successful applicant will be required to undertake appropriate safeguarding checks which includes an enhanced DBS check as well as providing proof of right to work in the UK.