There has never been a more exciting time to join The Oldham College. We have just been confirmed by OFSTED as a “Good College” (January 2019)
The OFSTED report stated that we are regarded as a “Good” across every area: “Our quality of teaching, learning and assessment are good”, “overall achievement has improved” and “we continue to nurture the culture of inclusion across the college. Staff, learners and apprentices embrace and promote equality of opportunity and celebrate diversity”
Come and join Oldham College in its ambition to become “Outstanding” and the “Best Place to Learn and Work” across all of our provisions.
We are looking for:
• Programme Tutor - Maths
• Salary £24,221 - £30,644 per annum
We are a local college with a reputation for dynamism and success and provide high level technical and vocational education and training.
We embrace and encourage all those who are driven to better themselves, achieve their goals and reach new heights.
Overall we have around 5,500 full-time students in the College and 700 in our University Campus.
Joining our Journey
When you join our college, our colleagues have access to numerous benefits and facilities:
• Generous Pension Scheme
• Occupational Health Service
• Enhanced Maternity/Paternity provision
• Staff Development days/week (Jan, July, Aug)
• Free confidential counselling service
• Staff recognition awards
• On-site Day Nursery
• On-site hair and beauty salon and The Grange Theatre
As a Maths Tutors you will play a key role in shaping the direction of our college. You will be responsible for your Curriculum Area and implement innovative changes to improve the teaching and learning of Maths across the college. This is an excellent opportunity to have real impact in a college, which is moving at pace with strong support from its Senior Leadership team.
In these roles, you will:
• Deliver innovative and stimulating teaching , learning and assessment to enable your students to achieve stretching learning
• Facilitate and encourage a learning experience which provides students with the opportunity to achieve their individual potential;
• Design and deliver a flexible and relevant range of provision including GCSE and Functional Skills
• Be a great teacher and role model
• Nurture a culture of professional development that is integrated seamlessly in every day practice;
• Be bold, optimistic and tenacious in setting and achieving high standards;
• Drive Oldham Colleges vision and expectations to have a significant impact on students’ life chances
You must have a degree and a recognised teaching qualification. Experience of working in the FE sector is desirable.
The role will require you to embed and work to the college’s values; working with Integrity, having Ambition to help our learners succeed and being Inclusive to learners and colleagues alike.
To apply for this vacancy please email an up to date CV and covering letter to email@example.com before the closing date of Friday 3rd April 2020.