Bournemouth & Poole College has an exciting opportunity for Lecturer in Health and Social Care to join their team in North Road. You will be joining on a part time basis and will receive a competitive salary of £21,610 - £34,515 per annum.
Bournemouth & Poole College are the largest provider of further education and apprentices within the area. We have around 11,000 students that are from across the UK and the world. Our passion is to ensure students are qualified, find jobs and can progress in their career. We are proud to say our apprenticeships training ranks in the top 30% of colleges and we work with over 2,000 business.
Key responsibilities of our Lecturer in Health and Social Care:
- Contribute to the development and delivery of a range of educational programmes including identifying learning objectives; determining, designing and producing study material; planning course/study programme delivery.
- Contribute to high quality learning experiences using a variety of teaching and learning methods when teaching students in the classroom.
- Ensure that teaching is based on current best available practice and is consistent with a high standard of practice.
- Provide academic and pastoral support to students in accordance with agreed procedures.
- Manage student issues within agreed protocols.
- Create learner portfolios to agreed target standards and ensure they are submitted on time.
- Demonstrate efficient and effective operation of the teaching and assessment process in line with College policy relating to quality and the requirements of the awarding body representatives.
- Manage and maintain learner folders in line with audit requirements.
- Undertake such other reasonable duties as the line manager may require from time to time and review this Job Description annually with the line manager.
As our Lecturer in Health and Social Care ideally, you’ll have:
- Knowledge of current evidence-based practice in field of expertise – Health and Social Care.
- Teaching/assessing experience in Health and Social Care.
- Knowledge of and commitment to Safeguarding Children and Vulnerable Adults legislation.
- Experience of facilitating learning for students in Further or Higher.
- Education or an appropriate workplace setting, for example Hospital/Care Home.
- Evidence of up to date knowledge and / or practice in relevant vocational area.
- Proven teaching skills at levels between 1 - 3 (FE)
- Excellent organisational skills
- Focused on team working
- Flexible and adaptable attitude to working with students of all ages, primarily 16-19 year olds Excellent communication skills
- Teaching Qualification (work towards) Relevant vocational qualification at Degree Level as a minimum.
As a member of the teaching team at Bournemouth & Poole College you can expect to receive a market rate salary and excellent benefits including:
- 38 days annual leave plus bank holidays
- up to 5 days leave during the Christmas closure period
- Free parking at all of our college sites (where spaces are available)
- Cycle to Work scheme
- Enrollment into the Teachers' Pension Scheme
- Excellent support and career development with the help of our senior practitioners and Quality department
Closing date: 29/03/2020
If you feel you are the right candidate for this Lecturer in Health and Social Care role then please click ‘apply’ now! We’d love to hear from you!
The College is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children, young people and vulnerable adults, and expects all staff to share this commitment.
The successful applicant will be required to undertake appropriate safeguarding checks which includes an enhanced DBS check as well as providing proof of right to work in the UK.