Craven College is an aspirational College set in safe, friendly and inclusive rural campuses in Skipton within the beautiful Yorkshire Dales. We continuously invest in our excellent industry standard facilities to support and enhance studies.
We are looking for a highly motivated and enthusiastic Key Worker to be the main contact for a caseload of participants on the Action Towards Inclusion Project. This will involve identifying and addressing participant’s barriers to accessing local support services and working with disadvantaged people from the community, focusing on long term unemployed and marginalised groups, to develop the confidence and skills to move forward in their lives. The post holder will provide 1-2-1 information, advice, guidance and support throughout the project and assisting in the delivery of a consistent, high quality range of supportive interventions, based on individuals’ needs, in order to help participants to develop the necessary life skills and overcome the barriers that prevent progression towards employment.
· Hold or be willing to work towards Advice and Guidance NVQ – Level 2;
· GCSE English grade C or above or equivalent;
· Previous experience of delivering employment focused support and training;
· Awareness of the local labour market and the difficulties faced accessing local opportunities;
· Working knowledge of Equality Act and Equal Opportunities legislation
· Good time management skills with the ability to work towards and meet deadlines and targets;
· Empathetic to the needs of the project participants, whilst remaining focused on project outputs
For further information including a full job description and to apply, please visit our website www.craven-college.ac.uk/jobs
If you have not heard from us within 28 days of the closing date on this occasion you have not been shortlisted. However please feel free to apply for futures roles as appropriate.