In November 2019 Newcastle and Stafford Colleges Group (NSCG) became the first further education provider in England to achieve outstanding grades in every area of Ofsted’s recently reformed Education Inspection Framework (EIF).
The inspection report praised all areas of the College’s provision and acknowledged NSCG’s ‘positive, stimulating and safe learning environment’, ‘highly motivated staff’, and ‘learners’ exemplary behaviour and attitudes to learning’. It also highlighted the fantastic partnerships the College has with industry.
To read the full Ofsted report for Newcastle and Stafford Colleges Group, please visit the Ofsted Government website, select Find an Inspection Report and search for Newcastle and Stafford Colleges Group.
The group is currently home to a population of over 5,000 full-time students and around 500 students on higher education programmes. We have over 4,000 part-time or adult learners and 2,000 apprentices where we work with over 800 individual employers. Our Sixth Form provision has a reputation for high academic achievement and excellence.
This is an exciting opportunity to join our expanding catering / retail department at Newcastle College. Working in the College shop, duties include serving customers, cash and electronic transaction handling, stock replenishment & control, cleaning and ensuring a tidy working environment for our students and staff. The ability to effectively work unsupervised will also be required during the crossover of shifts.
To be successful, you will have previous experience of working in a retail environment, knowledge of cash / electronic transactions and stock rotation / control and have a flexible approach to your working hours.
Main Duties and Responsibilities:
• To ensure the prompt and efficient service to shop customers.
• To maintain high standards of service to all customers.
• To ensure high standards of stock display and presentation.
• To have responsibility for opening and closing the College shop in the absence of the shop supervisor.
Required Skills and Experience:
• Has a good standard of general education.
• Has previous retail experience in a similar customer service environment
• Level 2 Food hygiene.
• Has a proven knowledge of cash handling / electronic transactions.
• Works with accuracy and pays attention to detail.
• A flexible approach to working hours
• Has a willingness to undertake further training if required
What’s in it for you?
The college offers and excellent benefits package which includes:
• Local Government Pension Scheme
• Excellent Training and Development Opportunities
How to apply
To apply for the role please click ‘Apply Now’ to complete an online application form.
If you are applying via a jobs board, you will receive an email and link that will take you directly to our application form on the Newcastle & Stafford Colleges Group website).
The closing date for completed applications is Sunday 29 March 2020.
Interviews will be held Week Commencing 6 April 2020.
This college is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of young people and vulnerable adults and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. All college based positions are subject to enhanced DBS check and are exempt from the Rehabilitation of Offenders Act.
As an equal opportunities employer, we welcome applications from all sectors of the community.