Macclesfield College is a leading provider of Further Education and Higher Education in the North West of England. Macclesfield College is part of a modern, inspiring campus providing education to learners of all ages and abilities. Based in East Cheshire, the College offers free secure campus parking and excellent transport links.
Recognised as a ‘Good’ College at its November 2017 Ofsted inspection.
Our mission is simple- “Empowerment through learning”.
Macclesfield College has just been confirmed as the overall best- performing FE institution within the key Cheshire and Warrington sub-region, according to the latest statistics published in the National Achievement Rate Tables. Furthermore in April 2019, Macclesfield College was proud to be awarded winners of the ‘Business and Education’ category of the East Cheshire Chamber of Commerce Awards.
A fantastic opportunity has arisen for a PTHP Lecturer in CIPD Level 5. Working in collaboration within the Maxim Business Department, the successful candidate will be responsible for delivering effective teaching, learning and assessment to learners within the CIPD Level 5 programme.
Ideally, you will also possess a teaching qualification (or have a willingness to undertake a formal teaching qualification to the required national standards). IQA qualified or equivalent is also desirable.
Applicants must also possess a CIPD qualification at Level 7 or a Degree or equivalent professional qualification in a business/human resource management discipline.
• To plan teaching, learning and assessment for college programmes using the appropriate college and awarding body format to ensure effective learning.
• To deliver teaching and learning to a consistently good or outstanding standard to achieve high success rates.
• To assess accurately learners, work both formatively and summatively against appropriate awarding body criteria to ensure learners achieve their qualifications.
• To comply with all college quality assurance procedures as prescribed to ensure the achievement of all internal and external audits.
• To use all appropriate resources effectively to ensure that the learners’ experience results in positive learning outcomes and high professional standards.
• To support learners progress through personal tutoring to help learners achieve their full potential and progress appropriately.
• To assist with the marketing of college programmes including identifying new opportunities, attending internal and external events and interview evenings to increase the recruitment of Learners.
The College is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment.
All appointments will be subject to an enhanced Disclosure and Barring Service check and satisfactory references.
The College is committed to equality of opportunity. We welcome applications from all sections of the community, particularly from members of ethnic minority groups.
The post will close at 9.00am on Friday 28th February 2020