Head of School – Latchmere School, Kingston
Kingston, South West London
Remuneration: L22 - L28
Latchmere is a large and successful community primary school with designated Teaching School status. It is the founding school in a small Primary Academy Trust with exciting plans for growth and expansion.
A larger than average school, we make each child feel that they have an important part to play in life at the school. Our children enjoy their learning, are happy and achieve. Mutual respect, kindness, and trust are at the heart of our approach.
This is a new key post in our Trust, working closely with the CEO, other Heads of School, as well as the senior leaders at Latchmere School, to re-vision and shape the School and Trust leadership as we continue to develop.
We are looking for an exceptional individual with an overwhelmingly positive outlook who is passionate about teaching and learning, has the drive, energy and optimism to raise standards and is able to quickly build positive relationships across our school community and beyond.
What can we offer you (what is great about working here and this job)?
• The opportunity to work within an inspirational, aspirational, and exceptionally supportive school community
• The opportunity to be part of a collaborative leadership team that is continuing to develop
• The opportunity to further hone your skills and practice for the benefit of our pupils and staff
• CPD opportunities that will support you in being an outstanding school leader
• The potential for future career development opportunities within Latchmere Academy Trust.
Our ideal candidate is someone who:
• Will work closely with the CEO but also take the lead at Latchmere School
• Has children at the heart of all that they do and is passionate about teaching and learning
• Has excellent communication skills, combined with emotional intelligence, enabling others to flourish
• Is warm and caring, valuing and embracing these aspects of our nurturing school culture
• Welcomes change, seeing all the new opportunities it brings to enhance provision
• Is a skilled and innovative leader, committed to raising standards and identifying and harnessing talent
• Is well-suited to working in a collaborative environment focused on securing successful outcomes and inspiring pupils and staff to be the best they can be
If this sounds like you, and you are excited by the prospect of being our new Head of School, you are most welcome to visit Latchmere, please email Sara at our advisors Pentir (firstname.lastname@example.org).
For more information about this post and Latchmere School please visit[blue} www.pentir.com/latchmere.
Should you have any queries or want a confidential discussion, then please call our advising consultants Mike Phillips (07830 313 915) or Maureen Nicholas (07540 222 519) at Pentir.