Job Title: Teaching and Learning Advanced Practitioner
Salary: £25,000 - £36,000 depending on experience
Location: Nationwide based with travel
The postholder will contribute to the improvement and enhancement of our Teaching, Learning and Assessment strategy by providing tailored support to our delivery staff and teams.
They will undertake coaching, staff training sessions and support staff in achieving academic qualifications and related project work. You will support other Teaching, Learning and Assessment Observers and Coaches alongside the quality team to ensure the effective embedding and standardisation of high standards and practices across the group.
You contribute in developing a positive learning culture, which enables staff to be professionally reflective, adaptive and resilient in the pursuit of providing an environment that enables students and apprentices to progress beyond expectations and achieve their goals. You may need to undertake some teaching or team teaching for a proportion of the role to keep your professional practice current.
We are looking for a positive and solution focused individual who will maintain effective ongoing working relationships and communication with several stakeholders, including awarding bodies, External Verifiers, Employers, Commercial and Training Managers, delivery teams and the Senior Leadership.
The successful candidate must have:
• Substantial experience in a teaching, learning, and assessment role within adult/further education
• Wide ranging, sound knowledge of pedagogical approaches and underpinning rationale
• Occupational expertise with extensive experience of working as a teacher/tutor/assessor or as an advanced practitioner
• Confidence in delivering training to groups and individuals
• Experience in implementing a range of learning and assessment strategies to maximise and enhance learning
• Teaching qualification – Certificate in Education/PGCE
• Ability to manage complex workloads, work proactively and independently, and an excellent understanding of awarding organisation regulatory procedures
If this sounds like you and you will enjoy working in a forward thinking, friendly, fast paced, changing environment, we would love to hear from you.
Closing Date: Friday, 21st February 2020
Applications will be shortlisted on a rolling basis and we reserve the right to interview and appoint before this closing date. We therefore encourage you to apply at the earliest opportunity to avoid disappointment.
As part of our pre-employment checks, successful candidates will be required to complete an enhanced DBS, references will be taken and evidence of all qualifications and awards will also be required before commencement of employment. Failure to do so may lead to offers being withdrawn.
PTS Training Academy is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children, young people and vulnerable adults and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. We particularly welcome applications from underrepresented groups including ethnicity, gender, transgender, age, disability, sexual orientation or religion.
To apply please email: email@example.com