Job Title: Head of Sales - Skills & Education
Salary: Up to £70,000 plus a performance related bonus with an OTE of £84,000
Role Location: Manchester City Centre
An opportunity has arisen to join The Growth Company’s Skills department as a Head of Sales. The purpose of this role is to operate as a Director to maintain, identify, develop and drive new business opportunities, markets and products which support the strategic development and growth of The GC Education and Skills Company (as part of GC) in Greater Manchester and beyond. The successful candidate will oversee account management and sales activity, be responsible for maintaining strategic relationships, identify areas for growth and ensure high quality performance that meet the volumes within the business plan.
• Oversee all activity related to The Skills Company sales strategy
• Lead the planning, delivery and overall review of sales to ensure that service and financial targets are met, and business growth is achieved
• Identify opportunities for campaigns, services, and distribution channels that increase sales
• Maintain strong and effective working relationships with all partners, stakeholders and funders
• Deliver effective marketing strategies that position and promote The Skills Company
• Develop productive relationships with the wider Skills and GC operations to support delivery of the business plan
• Recruit, effectively manage and develop a strong senior management team
• Manage high levels of staff performance and service quality
• Ensure that that income target is secured and maximised, expenditure is controlled, and targets are achieved
• Develop effective and productive working relationships internally and externally
• Analytical with a creative approach to problem solving
• Strong planning, operational, and financial management
• Capable of conducting high level representational work in one-to-one and formal meeting/committee settings, including presenting at Board level
• Inspire and motivate staff to raise levels of performance
• Good IT literacy - especially Microsoft Office packages.
• Leadership of sales and marketing delivery
• Higher-level relationship/account management and successful partnership working in a complex environment.
• Ability to work under pressure and manage competing priorities
• Excellent knowledge and expertise of European and other public sector funding regimes
• Basic salary paying up to £65,000 per annum
• Contributory pension scheme - you pay in a minimum of 4% of your salary and we’ll pay in 6%
• 25 days holidays with 8 bank holidays increasing with length of service with the option of purchasing up to 10 days holiday per year
• Enhanced maternity, paternity and adoption leave benefits
• Cycle to work scheme
• The opportunity to join a private healthcare scheme at a discounted rate
The Growth Company aims to promote a culture of flexible and agile working. With this in mind, we are happy to discuss suggestions as to how the responsibilities of this role can be met through a flexible approach to hours and or location. The Growth Company (GC) is committed to providing equal opportunity for all of our colleagues and customers. Here at GC, we value and respect their diversity. All our people are recruited based on their skills, relevant qualifications and experience - regardless of their gender, disability, ethnic origin, religion or belief, sexual orientation, marital status, age or nationality.