Contract type: Full Time
Contract term: Permanent
School Group Size: Group 4
Salary: Competitive salary, in line with the school’s group size and the level of experience of the successful candidate
Start Date: September 2020
Our much-valued and longstanding Headteacher is retiring at the end of the academic year and the governors of Glebe Primary School are seeking to appoint a self-motivated, and inspirational Headteacher to lead our successful school on the next phase of our journey. We have a strong commitment to the continuous improvement of every aspect of school life and strive to deliver a comprehensive educational experience of the highest quality for our children, who come from many diverse backgrounds. This is an exceptional and exciting opportunity for a talented and enthusiastic leader to develop and pursue a new and interesting vision for the school.
Glebe Primary School, in the London Borough of Harrow, serves a vibrant and diverse community. Our pupils enjoy learning, make good progress and achieve high standards. The school is well-resourced, supported by a robust and ambitious leadership team, dedicated staff and excellent facilities.
Our ideal candidate will be an existing or aspiring Headteacher who has:-
* substantial experience as a Headteacher or senior leader in a primary school,
* an ability to communicate a clear vision and direction for the school, consolidate and build on current successes,
* a proven track record of effective leadership and management of people and a commitment to working in partnership with governors, staff, parents, other schools and the local community,
* an ability to communicate effectively with all stakeholders, including pupils, parents and the wider community,
* passion and ambition for making a positive difference to children’s lives within a culturally diverse community.
In return we can offer the successful candidate:
* an inclusive and welcoming school where everyone is valued,
* a high performing team of staff with an experienced and committed Senior Leadership Team,
* enthusiastic, well-behaved and polite children who enjoy coming to school,
* a skilled, knowledgeable and highly supportive Governing Body,
* a commitment to your continued professional development.
If you are interested in applying for this position, we invite you to review the candidate information pack which contains a wealth of information about our school. This pack and the application form are available to download. - https://www.glebe.harrow.sch.uk/harrow/primary/glebe/site/pages/vacancies/staffvacancies
Visits from prospective candidates are warmly welcomed. Please call 020 8204 6564 to make an appointment. Completed applications should be returned to Kusum Gorasia, Finance Officer, at firstname.lastname@example.org
Closing Date: Sunday 02 February 2020 at 23:59
Shortlisting: w/b 03 February 2020
Interview and Assessment: w/b 24 February 2020
Glebe Primary School is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. Appointment is subject to an Enhanced Disclosure and Barring Service (DBS) check, satisfactory reference checks and other pre-employment checks.