Athelstan Trust Lead Practitioner for English
L11-L15 (£52,643- £57,986)
From September 2020 or sooner
We are looking to recruit an outstanding teacher to work as a Trust Lead Practitioner for English. Your support to our leaders and teachers will be vital in ensuring that all our schools achieve the same successes. Joining a school improvement team led by the CEO, you will use your passion, subject knowledge and expertise in English to drive forward the quality of teaching and learning. This is an exciting role that requires flexibility, a team spirit, and a willingness to learn and it will suit individuals who want to take a step-up and work at a more strategic level in English across a range of schools.
The successful candidate will:
• be an outstanding teacher with a proven track record of securing sustained excellent outcomes
• have up-to-date knowledge of subject curricula and assessment requirements
• be proficient in teaching English, preferably to A Level
• have proven experience of identifying and implementing effective strategies for improving attainment in English in challenging schools at KS3 and KS4
• have a highly effective style that is both consultative and influential
• be able to demonstrate resilience, motivation and commitment to driving up standards ofachievement
• be able to work across a group of schools and show significant impact in developing capacity and improving outcomes for young people
The Athelstan Trust is a Multi-Academy Trust formed in 2015 currently consisting of three secondary schools (Malmesbury School, Bradon Forest School and The Dean Academy) in Wiltshire and Gloucestershire with another approved to join in April 2020. All our schools share a deep commitment to delivering an excellent comprehensive education to all the students in the Trust.
Closing Date: 12 noon on 3rd February 2020
Interviews on 13th February 2020 at The Dean Academy, Lydney, Gloucestershire.
Applicants are invited to send an application form together with a letter of application, no more than two sides of A4, outlining how your skills and experience make you a suitable candidate for this post. An application pack is available on the Athelstan Trust’s website on the vacancies page:
Please send your completed application form and letter to Jo Cummings at the email address below.
Jo Cummings Athelstan Trust - Company Secretary email@example.com
The Athelstan Trust, Corn Gastons, Malmesbury SN16 0DF
The Athelstan Trust is an equal opportunities employer. We are committed to safeguarding and promoting the
welfare of children and young people and expect all staff and volunteers to share in this obligation. The
successful candidate will be required to undertake an enhanced DBS disclosure.
Caring, collaborative and excellent
A charitable company limited by guarantee, registered in England & Wales, as The Athelstan Trust,
Company No: 7699625