Would you like to be a part of the UK’s leading education and wellbeing charity, and arguably the most recognisable and iconic of all charity brands with almost 200 years of history? We have an exciting opportunity for a Study Programme Tutor to join our team in the North East, to support on our study programme.
Based in Leeds, this is a part-time role, 3 days per week (8.30am – 4.30pm Monday, Wednesday, Thursday). We are looking for an experienced person with industry knowledge of both health and social care and childcare to support our young people to achieve their level 1/2 qualifications in these sectors. A starting point for young people to then hopefully progress onto either a traineeship or apprenticeship programme with YMCA.
This role would perfectly suit someone who has experience of working with young people or who is looking to share their knowledge and experiences with the next generation in order to support them to achieve their life goals. Ideally possessing a teaching qualification, you must be able to work both independently and as part of a wider team. A strong sense of purpose and a passion for teaching and training is a must, along with the ability to use your initiative and work to set deadlines.
You will also be able to:
· Plan and deliver diverse and innovative teaching, learning and assessment opportunities to achieve the highest academic standards and learning opportunities for learners (including functional skills maths and English).
· Ensure learning, teaching and assessment programmes take account of the latest developments in subjects taught and evaluate their impact on learner progress and success, ensuring that appropriate use is made of ICT.
· Provide pastoral and tutorial support within the framework of support designed by the organisation to support individual learner support, progress and achievement.
· Are you up for the challenge? You will have a 'can do' approach, delivering results on time and to budget, in a supportive and client focused manner.
You will also need to have the following:
· PGCE/Certificate in Education or Level 5 Diploma in Education and Training
· Qualified to a minimum level 3 in Health and Social Care & Childcare.
· Experience of teaching young people 16+
· Be an organised and efficient person with experience of working within a team environment
· Possess excellent written and verbal communication skills.
This is a fantastic opportunity to join our innovative team and do something great for yourself - and for others. If this sounds right for you click apply now, register your details and tell us why you are perfect for the role.
Central YMCA is committed to championing equality, diversity and inclusion in all its forms. For those who would like to work with us, Central YMCA welcomes applications from all sectors of society. We believe that our Charity is greatly enhanced by the varied backgrounds, experiences and views represented within our team; we aim to appoint individuals based solely on their applicable skills, experiences and attitudes.