TThe Difference Leaders Programme – 2020 cohort.
Now recruiting across Greater London, the South East, the North West and Yorkshire & Humber.
Applications close 24th January
Have you got:
• The drive for a challenge
• A commitment to social justice
• The skill to lead
• And the hunger to learn?
Then you should be a Difference Leader.
The Difference is looking for the country’s most committed, creative and capable teachers ready to take on a new challenge as a senior leader in a pupil referral unit or alternative provision school. Could this be you?
The Difference Leaders Programme promises career progression, a network of like-minded peers and an impact on the children who need you most. An intensive two-year leadership development course is matched with a senior leadership post in a Good+ school for excluded pupils. Applications are open for a Sept 2020 start, and close on January 27th. Only 20 places available across Greater London, the South East, Yorkshire & Humber and the North West.
Difference Leaders are:
• Driven by the mission to reduce school exclusion and improve life-outcomes for the most vulnerable learners;
• Optimistic about what children can achieve in the face of significant adversity;
• Great teachers with experience of leading the practice of colleagues (in middle or senior leadership);
• Systems-thinkers who enjoy learning and thinking creatively about how to change school systems, cultures and practice.
Difference Leaders get:
• Senior leadership position in an alternative provision school for two years;
• Two years of evidence-led training in improving pupil learning, safeguarding and wellbeing via: a residential, away-day training sessions; twilight seminars; and group supervision with a psychologist;
• Bespoke leadership development via in-school coaching;
• National Professional Qualification for Senior Leadership (NPQSL);
• Network of like-minded school leaders across the country, passionate about re-thinking education for the most vulnerable;
• Onwards career support for Difference Leaders to return to mainstream as senior leaders of Inclusion.
Where will I work?
With its pioneer 2019 cohort, The Difference has placed its first 10 Difference Leaders in some of the best schools for excluded pupils in the country, bringing mainstream expertise into AP schools and pushing best practice with the most vulnerable students. For our 2020 cohort, we are looking for 20 exceptional teachers to do the same across Greater London, the South East, Yorkshire & Humber, and the North West,.
Where will this take me?
The Difference is already partnered with some of the biggest mainstream multi-academy trusts in the country - including Ark Schools, United Learning Trust, Ormiston Academies and Oasis Learning Community - who are keen to hire Difference Leaders after the two-year programme to help them reduce exclusions.
Currently only 4.3% of excluded children get a pass in English and maths. Half are unemployed straight after school and far too many enter the criminal justice system. Could you be part of changing this story?