Salary – c. £35,000 - £45,000 depending on experience.
London based with some travel. Full time. Permanent.
We are looking for an experienced coach / assessor for our new Level 5 and Level 3 leadership and management apprenticeships
Future Talent Learning is focused on developing a new apprenticeship training business that breaks the mould in terms of learning quality. This is an exciting opportunity to be at the centre of building a new business from the ground up and to make a real impact as one of our first coaches / assessors. We are a small and friendly team of 15 based in Balham. The role would be perfect for someone who is highly organised, great at motivating and supporting learners and who is enthusiastic about continually pushing the boundaries of what good learning looks like. Future Talent Learning is part of Changeboard, a job board, media and events business, focused on serving the senior HR community.
We offer 25 days’ holiday + bank holidays, 3 additional holiday days between Christmas and New Year, standard pension contribution, the opportunity to work flexible hours and to work from home for a large part of the role. There will be opportunities to progress to a more senior management role overseeing other coaches in the short-medium term.
To apply, please send a CV and cover note to firstname.lastname@example.org
Applications close January 17th though please feel free to send in your application before this date.
1. To manage and support a caseload of learners on Leadership and Management apprenticeships at Levels 5 (Ops Manager) and Level 3 (Team Leader) to ensure they get the most out of the training, complete on time and to agreed overall KPIs. As well as managing the overall learning, coaches are also expected to deal with learners directly to organise and deliver feedback/review meetings.
2. Ensure all processes and procedures with regards to compliance and quality are followed
3. To keep accurate and up to date records on all learners’ E-portfolios on our LMS system
4. To develop and implement individual learning plan personalised to all learners
5. To support and motivate learners by having great coaching conversations on a weekly basis (predominantly over Skype but some face to face as well) that challenge learners’ thinking and motivate change, setting achievable targets that keep them on track
6. To provide support as necessary for learners who need Maths and English up to level 2
7. Undertake appropriate training and development to remain industry aware
8. To help plan, design and deliver learning activities and practical exercises for learners
9. Support as an additional facilitator at live learning events and experiences
. Inspiring and enthusiastic, able to quickly build good rapport with learners
. Confident about recommending best practice around teaching, learning and assessment
. Proactive and happy to take the initiative with any other related areas of the business e.g. helping advise learners about logistics of learning events etc.
. At least 3 years experience within a Coaching and/or Assessment role
. Minimum of 1 year of experience of coaching and assessment of Leadership and Management qualifications at Level 5 and Level 3
. Excellent track record in setting, developing and achieving targets with learners, delivering timely completion (at least 80%) and retention and achieving a high pass rate
. Experience in delivering training and facilitating workshop and/or action learning groups
. Knowledge and up to date understanding of apprenticeship rules
. Assessor qualification (D32, A1, TAQA, CAVA or equivalent)
. Experience with managing E-portfolios on an LMS system (ideally Bud or Aptem)
. Some experience of instructional design and creating exercises and/or designing workbooks for learners
. Ideally qualifications in Teacher, Training and Counselling, Key Skills PTLLS, CTLLS, DTLLS
. Ideally some experience of holding IAG conversations with learners
. Ideally a relevant safeguarding qualification and experience
. Ideally you will have completed an ILM or CMI qualification and delivered a standard that maps to one of these qualifications (though our standard is not mapped to those curricula)
. Ideally some experience facilitating action learning sessions