Job title: Sessional Tutor - Confidence Building and Employability
Job Ref: 422
Salary: £25.24 per hour
Place of work: Leicester
Business Unit: East Midlands
Purpose of the role:
We are the WEA, a unique charity and the UK’s largest voluntary sector provider of adult education. We were recently rated “Good” in all categories by Ofsted and we aspire to be outstanding. Since 1903, we have been offering disadvantaged adults the opportunity to return to learning – inspiring them to realise their full potential and become active, engaged citizens. We deliver courses to 50,000 people in 2,300 locations across England and Scotland. Our focus is on social purpose and change and we achieve this by bringing great teaching to local communities. We run courses in community venues such as workplaces, schools, libraries and even the local pub!
We are looking for inspiring tutors who have experience and are able to deliver employability programmes.
Key areas of responsibility:
As a sessional Employability Tutor, you must be enthusiastic and passionate about people development. You will need to adapt quickly to learners’ needs and be flexible with your delivery methods.
As part of this course you will:
• identify the learning needs of students and define appropriate learning objectives to support their success
• deliver high quality differentiated learning that meets student needs
• support students with employability skills including CV writing, job searches and preparation for interviews.
• Embed Safeguarding, Prevent, British Values, Equality and Diversity and Health and Safety throughout the programme
We are looking for tutors throughout the Leicester area.
We need tutors with:
• a teaching qualification at least at Level 4
• experience of the relevant subject area(s)
• up to date subject or sector knowledge
• experience of working in community settings with diverse students
• a strong understanding of adult learning and a belief in its importance
• excellent interpersonal and organisational skills
• a desire to share and improve teaching practice
• experience of delivering accredited courses if you want to teach these
WEA assumes you will be excited by using digital technology both in the classroom with the student and to manage course administration and communication.
Annualised and term time contracts are available for suitable applicants. Training and ongoing CPD is provided for all tutors
You will be required to have a basic or enhanced DBS check to teach in certain venues or with certain student groups.