Job title: Education Support Assistant
Job Ref: 418
Salary: £18,124 - £20,142
Place of work: Cambridge
Business Unit: Eastern
Purpose of the role: All posts at the WEA will support the vision for "A better world - equal, democratic and just; through adult education the WEA challenges and inspires individuals, communities and society.”
The post holder will provide administrative and general support for the development and delivery of locally based adult education provision, member development and volunteer support.
The post holder will work closely with Area Education Manager(s), Education Coordinators, Marketing Officers, and a range of stakeholders which are likely to include Association staff, local community organisations, Association branches and volunteers.
Key areas of responsibility
1. Provide general administrative support to local educational team(s) and voluntary branches and members, including taking specific responsibility for up to a maximum of 3 of the following specialisms:
• Support on a specific geographical area.
• Lead of day to day building management of a selected location – this includes health and safety and ICT Support for the office location.
• Lead of classroom ICT support of a selected location.
• Support regional volunteer and member development.
• Support regional communications.
• Note that many specialisms will link in to national networks so training, support and guidance can be provided.
2. Support the recruitment of students including initial assessments where applicable
3. Provide information and advice to students to support identification of most appropriate learning programmes and support available in line with our IAG framework and to matrix standards.
4. Work with relevant internal and external stakeholder groups at a local, regional and national level
5. Arrange and attend educational and volunteer member meetings and events as required.
6. Support the education team at local stakeholder events aimed at raising the profile of the Association.
7. Arrange and attend local events to promote and celebrate student achievement and success stories.
8. Support educational delivery in the classroom.
9. Assist with the production of high quality local publicity using association publicity guidelines and frameworks.
Undertake such duties as reasonably requested by your manager.